[racchabanda] Re:Anjali Devi

Mallaiah Anchoori

Feb 20, 2011, 4:20:07 AM2/20/11
to racch...@yahoogroups.com
Apropos to the posting of respected Mohan Rao garu,500 films prior to her
calling it a day in the cine field reported in the press,prima facie,appears
only an exaggeration.The number could, in all probability, relate to the total
number of films she enacted in films of all languages till now.

It is very unfortunate that the GOI has NOT recognised her talent till now &
gave any civil award till now.This could be due to petty politics or lack of
sponsorers for Anjali Devi who still appears to our eyes as "Seethaamma
Thalli""There is none to beat to portray the characters of "Pathivratha"in
Telugu -rather South Indian films as in case of Pandari Bai in Marathi/Hindi.

-Mallaiah Anchoori

------------------------------------

Courtesy: http://www.kanneganti.com/

Hemantha Kumar

Feb 22, 2011, 10:28:09 AM2/22/11
to racch...@yahoogroups.com
Pandari bai has, to my very limited knowledge, acted mostly in Kannada films and then in Tamil films not to mention may be a few films in the other languages?

Best wishes
Hemantha Kumar-the Trivia Peddler

--- On Sun, 2/20/11, Mallaiah Anchoori <gove...@yahoo.com> wrote:

<Snip>

There is none to beat to portray the characters of "Pathivratha"in
Telugu -rather South Indian films as in case of Pandari Bai in Marathi/Hindi.

<Snip>

Sreenivas Paruchuri

Feb 23, 2011, 7:12:22 PM2/23/11
to racch...@yahoogroups.com
She did act in a few Hindi and Marathi films. But you are right that she
predominantely acted in south Indian films.

Here is a writeup from the always reliable Randor Guy (you know his real
name, right!):

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/fr/2003/02/14/stories/2003021401030300.htm

More on her very early Telugu films later...

Regards,
Sreenivas