Re: Status of Telugu OCR

haridallas

Sep 6, 2013, 2:10:00 PM9/6/13
to telugu-c...@googlegroups.com
So far  I have  found this online  OCR website
to be the  most accurate  ( which is not  accurate enough to work for us )

i2OCR - Free Online OCR

www.i2ocr.com/

Rakeshwar's  Tesseract with  VIET OCR  is the next  best .

still we have va long way to go before wehave  an Omnipage like  OCR for telugu.

On Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:33:20 AM UTC-6, Dileep. M wrote:
Can any one update on the  status of Working(??) & available  Telugu OCR Softwares?
--
Dileep

SAI CHAITANYA

Jan 7, 2014, 11:26:05 PM1/7/14
to telugu-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Does any one know of a professional Telugu OCR softwares? Does "Chirankan" developed by C-DAC work?

Regards,

Sai Chaitanya

haridallas

Apr 18, 2015, 10:19:28 PM4/18/15
to telugu-c...@googlegroups.com
 this  was  your  question   in 2012  now it is  2015

 Telugu  is  always   one step back  from  many other  indian  languages  because  we are  not  radical ?

for example   no telugu in  AIR  SMS  service

Free AIR News SMS Service News Services Division, All India Radio, Provides Free AIR Alert SMS Service in 10 languages, namely English, Hindi, Marathi, Sanskrit, Dogri, Nepali, Assamese, Gujarati, Malayalam and Tamil. Under this service important headlines of 2/3 major bulletins are sent daily free of cost through SMS in languages opted by the subscribers. On pilot basis, this service has also been extended in 6 more languages, namely Urdu, Odia, Bengali, Kashmiri, Punjabi and Arunachali. As of now the news SMS are originating from the NSD Headquarters, New Delhi. It contains a mix of National, Regional, International, Business and Sports items. SMS Service on regional news is in pipeline and would be started soon. How to register for AIR Free News SMS Service First Method: You can register for this service by simply sending SMS to 7738299899 in the following format from the mobile phone on which SMS service is required: AIRlanguage code Second Method: For online registration a form is available at http://www.newsonair.nic.in/smsservice. LANGUAGE CODES: ENGLISH – EN HINDI – HI MARATHI – MH DOGRI – DO SANSKRIT – SK NEPALI – NP ASSAMESE – AS GUJARATI -GJ MALAYALAM – ML TAMIL – TM Newly Added Languages URDU - UR ODIYA - OD BENGALI – BN KASHMIRI - KS ARUNACHALI - AL PUNJABI - PN

and   after 6  years  says  rakeshwar

 if  I  who  is   always  tinkering  around  with  computing  although  non professionally  can  not make  head  or tail  of  what  to  do  with  the   information  how  can it become  popular with  common public  ??

haridallas

Apr 18, 2015, 10:21:17 PM4/18/15
to telugu-c...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 7:33:20 AM UTC-6, Dileep. M wrote:

this  is the  OCr  by  google  books

one  can  see  the  number  of mistakes  made !

haridallas