adroid telugu apps

haridallas

Sep 6, 2013, 4:34:38 PM9/6/13
to telugu-c...@googlegroups.com
As we are seeing  new apps coming  in to market  for telugu I would like to have  reviews of such apps collected in this group.
I want to  avoid  apps which are nothing more than  a way to collect a buynch of URL to various  song/movie/TV sites and  actually  improve the language  and  language computing

telugu calender  తెలుగు క్యాలేన్దర్  suneetha marthala  ok if you still want  the  rasi nakshatram tithi etc .
telugu/ english
 english /telugu dictionary  both by Droid raju
Telugu SMS mahiways solutions ( most review say not good and for older versions)
Panini keypad telugu IME luna ergonomics PVT limited
english to telugu dictionary  burning passion  ( 2 reviews say  some kind of malware and annoying ads with this app)
Telugu Pride Telugu Editor by Nichetech (said downloading for  a long time  and  did not  install)
telugu  By covano supposedly a touch  interface keyboard. very poorly designed   people need to know  how  to arrage their  keyboards  not like  how it is given in telugu primer text books .
telugu for kids /by ANSHI APPS { looks to be for catering to  NRI and  todays  english medium kids . everything is written in english . some good 3 d animation video clips ) what I see is  people are trying to  convert  the old Baalsiksha  style of  teaching to  computer age
we need  better ways to teach the  language.
very simple apps  like "touch and learn telugu"by possibillion technologies  is the way to go  but  it has a very long way to go.
like  for example animation  to  show  how to write the  letter
 and when  some one  writes  a letter with  finger on the screen  it should be able to give feedback about  correct or wrong  etc.

and  a number of examples for each  letter  should be given  we  are not restricted by  paper and  printing like the old days .
 Telugu script  by  S kaki makes a start but   this can be improved significantly  for example  start with  an animation on  how the letter is  formed  and them  match  it  with the pattern of the  child writing on the screen . also give  more examoles  multiple times to  keep the interest and  also improve  learning.
lets learn  telugu by abdul rahaman salam  (  theses are crated by people who learnt  telugu  first and   interpret the  english transliteration  based on their knowledge of  telugu language  but  when the  transliteration  does not follow  a given standard like  RTS for example    children who do not know  telugu  will make many mistakes .
like   you and  I know  vaccadu (వచ్చాడు ) but  any  american born telugu kid can read it as  (వచ్చదు
వక్కదు
వచ్చడు
వక్కడు  which may sound funny  to us  and  we cant help but laugh ,then the child will  stop learning )