Can Tellurium test cases be run with Firefox 6.x or 7.x

Mariya Nikolova

Oct 10, 2011, 7:36:08 AM10/10/11
to tellurium-users
Hello,

I am newby to Tellurium and as far as I could understand from the
reference guide to use Tellurium with Firefox I need the version 2.x
or 3.x. Does only the Firefox plugin require these versions?
Is it possible to run already (manually or with TrUMP) created test
cases in newer browsers?

Thanks

Jian Fang

Oct 10, 2011, 11:13:05 AM10/10/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Tellurium team is not very active recently and thus, the Firefox
plugin Tellurium IDE and trump only support FF 3.x.

But the test cases generated by trump or manually should be able to
run with FF 6.x if you use the latest Selenium server from our Maven
repo.

http://maven.kungfuters.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/seleniumhq/selenium/server/selenium-server/1.0.1-te5-SNAPSHOT/

The custom selenium server has not been updated to FF 7.x yet.

Thanks,

Jian

Mariya Nikolova

Oct 10, 2011, 2:04:19 PM10/10/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jian,

thank you very much for the fast answer.
Is there a special reason for the non-activness? Is it planned the project to go further?

I am evaluating in  the moment Tellurium, if it is suitable to use it for automatic tests of our software.

Thanks
Mariya

Jian Fang

Oct 10, 2011, 4:26:27 PM10/10/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Mariya,

Thank you for your interest in Tellurium. Like many other open source
projects, tellurium totally relies on contributors to work on it
during their free time. Unfortunately, our contributors became
inactive because of job changes or other reasons. We could go further
if we could find new contributors.

Thanks,

Jian

Mariya Nikolova

Oct 13, 2011, 7:07:01 AM10/13/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jian,

I wanted to write simple Test Case with Tellurium, Unfortunately I am getting  following error: Cannot locate UI module Form. The log is attached. Can you please take a look ?
I am getting this error when I useTelluriumEngine (true), id I set it to false I am getting another error, which is cannot finde jQUery element #username.

Hier is the code:

public void defineUi() {

      ui.Container(uid: "Form", clocator: [tag: "form", id: "form"]){
                InputBox(uid: "Username", clocator: [tag: "input", id: "username"])
              InputBox(uid: "Password", clocator: [tag: "input", type: "password", id: "Password"])
              Button(uid: "Login", clocator: [tag: "button", id: "Login", class: "ui-button ui-widget ui-state-default ui-corner-all ui-state-hover ui-state-focus ui-button-text-only"])

          }
public void logon(String username, String password){
         waitForPageToLoad 50000
         keyType "Form.Usernamet", username
         pause 500
         type "Form.Password", password
         pause 500
         click "Form.Logint"
         waitForPageToLoad 5000
       }
}

Thank you for your help.
LogTellurium.txt

Jian Fang

Oct 13, 2011, 9:34:29 AM10/13/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
try to call

validate("Form");

and see what is the output.

Thanks,

Jian

Hari

Oct 13, 2011, 9:47:32 AM10/13/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Try this code , it will be execute

ui.Container(uid: "Form", clocator: [tag: "form", id: "form"]){
                InputBox(uid: "Username", clocator: [tag: "input", id: "username"])
              InputBox(uid: "Password", clocator: [tag: "input", type: "password", id: "Password"])
        UrlLink(uid: "Login", clocator: [tag: "button", id: "Login", class: "ui-button ui-widget ui-state-default ui-corner-all ui-state-hover ui-state-focus ui-button-text-only"])

          }
public void logon(String username, String password){
         waitForPageToLoad 50000
         keyType "Form.Usernamet", username
         pause 500
         type "Form.Password", password
         pause 500
         click "Form.Login"
         waitForPageToLoad 5000
       }
}

Regards,
Hari

Mariya Nikolova

Oct 14, 2011, 3:40:26 AM10/14/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jian, Hi Hari
I am still strugling with executing the code from yestersday. The code what you send me Hari is not executed. Log is attached.
Also the validation of the form looks like this:

UI Module Validation Result for Form

        Found Exact Match: false

        Found Closest Match: true

        Match Count: 1

        Match Score: 25

        Closest Match Details:

        --- Element Form.Login -->

         Composite Locator: <button id="Login" class="ui-button ui-widget ui-state-default ui-corner-all ui-state-hover ui-state-focus ui-button-text-
only"/>

        --- Element Form.Password -->

         Composite Locator: <input id="pass" type="password"/>

        --- Element Form.Username -->

         Composite Locator: <input id="user"/>

The logs are generated once with useTelluriumEngine(true) and once with false. Furthermore I added useClosestMatch(true), as the validation was showing this.

I will appreciate your help.

Mariya

2011/10/13 Hari <hari...@gmail.com>
useTelluriumErrorLog.txt
donotuseTellurium.txt

Mark Olliver

Oct 14, 2011, 5:09:22 AM10/14/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com

Have you looked at

InputBox(uid: "Username", clocator: [tag: "input", id: "username"])

keyType "Form.Usernamet", username

InputBox contains “Username”, keyType refers to “Form.Usernamet

Jian Fang

Oct 14, 2011, 9:28:21 AM10/14/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried to call

useClosestMatch(true)

and run your tests? Still errors?

Hari

Oct 14, 2011, 10:24:19 AM10/14/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
Look at this example

Java:

import org.telluriumsource.test.java.TelluriumJUnitTestCase;
import org.junit.*;

public class Login_Page_002 extends TelluriumJUnitTestCase {
private static Login_Page obj;

@BeforeClass
public static void initUi() {
obj = new Login_Page_Groovy();
obj.defineUi();
connectSeleniumServer();
useTelluriumEngine(true);
useClosestMatch(true);
useCache(false);
}
@Before
public void setUpForTest() {
connectUrl("URL");

}
//Add your test cases here
@Test
public void testCase(){
obj.execFlow1();
}
}

Groovy:

import org.telluriumsource.dsl.DslContext
class Login_Page_002_Groovy extends DslContext{

public void defineUi() {
ui.Container(uid: "Mydata", clocator: [tag: "table", class: "mydata"]){
InputBox(uid: "Uname", clocator: [tag: "input",  id: "uname"])
InputBox(uid: "Pword", clocator: [tag: "input", id: "pword"])
UrlLink(uid: "ButtonSubmit", clocator: [tag: "a", id: "ButtonSubmit"])
}
}

public void execFlow1(){
type "Mydata.Uname", "admin"