able to locate an element with the groovy UI module, but the click event doesn't happen

Tammy Moon

Sep 1, 2011, 9:04:18 PM9/1/11
to tellurium-users
Hi, All,

I a a newbie of tellerium.

I tried to locate an element in a tooltip than click on it to close
the tool tip. I was able to locate the web element, click on the the
element, nothing happens, any one has any idea what could be wrong?

Here is how the html looks like:

top: 195.5px;">
<a class="tooltip right button button-16 buttonIcon close"></a>
Are you sure you wish to
<b>cancel</b>
all bets?
<a class="button left">Yes, cancel bets</a>
<a class="tooltip left cancelLink">No, go back</a>

Tammy Moon

Sep 1, 2011, 9:24:38 PM9/1/11
to tellurium-users
Sorry, I accidently hit submit before I finish typing. I re--submitted
my post after I finished it. Please delete this comment.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jian Fang

Sep 1, 2011, 9:27:31 PM9/1/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
try to call diagnose(uid) to see how many matches. If still not work,
switch to Selenium api mode if you are using tellurium new engine.

Tammy Moon

Sep 1, 2011, 9:43:31 PM9/1/11
to tellurium-users
Thanks Jian.

I use firebug firefinder to locate the element, there is only one
match with the uid, somehow, it just doesn't click.
We are not using tellerium new engine. Wonder how the new engine would
help.

Jian Fang

Sep 1, 2011, 10:00:29 PM9/1/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Does pure selenium code work? Tellurium engine is good at locating elements, but is not better than selenium for event handling.

Sent from my iPhone