Tellurium Supports IE browser or not?

QA_new

Aug 8, 2011, 3:48:24 AM8/8/11
to tellurium-users
Hi all,

Do Tellurium Supports IE browser or not?

Anyone have any idea about it please share..

Thanks
Shivani

Jian Fang

Aug 8, 2011, 8:36:00 PM8/8/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Tellurium supports all the browsers Selenium 1.0.1 supports since it
uses Selenium under the hood.

QA_new

Aug 16, 2011, 12:48:30 AM8/16/11
to tellurium-users
Hi

Thanks Jian ..Can u please suggest the way to write the code so that i
can execute the testscript in IE also.

Thanks

On Aug 9, 5:36 am, Jian Fang <john.jian.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tellurium supports all the browsers Selenium 1.0.1 supports since it
> uses Selenium under the hood.

Hari

Aug 16, 2011, 1:19:23 AM8/16/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Change the browser setting in TelluriumConfig.groovy file.

First the setting is in the Firefox.
browser = "*firefox C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"
You have to change the setting into IE
browser = "*IE C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe"

Regards,
Hari

QA_new

Aug 16, 2011, 6:10:20 AM8/16/11
to tellurium-users
This is my TelluriumConfig.Groovy script:

/**
* For configuring Tellurium
*/

tellurium {
//embedded selenium server configuration
embeddedserver {
//port number
port = "4444"
//whether to use multiple windows
useMultiWindows = false
//whether to trust all SSL certs, i.e., option "-
trustAllSSLCertificates"
trustAllSSLCertificates = true
//whether to run the embedded selenium server. If false, you
need to manually set up a selenium server
runInternally = true
//By default, Selenium proxies every browser request; set this
flag to make the browser use proxy only for URLs containing '/selenium-
server'
avoidProxy = false
//stops re-initialization and spawning of the browser between
tests
browserSessionReuse = false
//enabling this option will cause all user cookies to be
archived before launching IE, and restored after IE is closed.
ensureCleanSession = false
//debug mode, with more trace information and diagnostics on
the console
debugMode = true
//interactive mode
interactive = true
//an integer number of seconds before we should give up
timeoutInSeconds = 30
//profile location
// profile = "/home/jiafan1/.mozilla/firefox/
820j3ca9.default"
profile = "C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe"
//user-extension.js file
userExtension = ""
}
//event handler
eventhandler {
//whether we should check if the UI element is presented
checkElement = false
//wether we add additional events like "mouse over"
extraEvent = true
}
//data accessor
accessor {
//whether we should check if the UI element is presented
checkElement = true
}
//the bundling tier
bundle {
maxMacroCmd = 5
useMacroCommand = false
}
//the configuration for the connector that connects the selenium
client to the selenium server
connector {

//selenium server host
//please change the host if you run the Selenium server
remotely
serverHost = "http://vmw080/supplierportal"
//server port number the client needs to connect
port = "4444"
//base URL
baseUrl = "http://vmw080/supplierportal/login.aspx"
//Browser setting, valid options are
// *firefox [absolute path]
// *iexplore [absolute path]
// *chrome
// *iehta

// browser = "*chrome"
browser = " *iexplore"
//user's class to hold custom selenium methods associated with
user-extensions.js
//should in full class name, for instance,
"org.telluriumsource.test.MyCommand"
customClass = ""
//browser options such as
// options = "captureNetworkTraffic=true,
addCustomRequestHeader=true"
options = ""
}
datadriven {
dataprovider {
//specify which data reader you like the data provider to
use
//the valid options include "PipeFileReader",
"CVSFileReader" at this point
reader = "PipeFileReader"
}
}
//this section allows users to define the internationalization
required
//if this section is removed, we take the default locale
//from the system
//enter only one locale at a time, and use this only if you want
to explicitly
//set the locale, preferable way is to comment out this section
i18n {
//locale = "fr_FR"
locale = "en_US"
}
test {
execution {
//whether to trace the execution timing
trace = false
}
//at current stage, the result report is only for tellurium
data driven testing
//we may add the result report for regular tellurium test case
result {
//specify what result reporter used for the test result
//valid options include "SimpleResultReporter",
"XMLResultReporter", and "StreamXMLResultReporter"
reporter = "XMLResultReporter"
//the output of the result
//valid options include "Console", "File" at this point
//if the option is "File", you need to specify the file
name, other wise it will use the default
//file name "TestResults.output"
output = "Console"
//test result output file name
filename = "TestResult.output"
}
exception {
//whether Tellurium captures the screenshot when exception
occurs.
//Note that the exception is the one thrown by Selenium
Server
//we do not care the test logic errors here
captureScreenshot = true
//we may have a series of screenshots, specify the file
name pattern here
//Here the ? will be replaced by the timestamp and you
might also want to put
//file path in the file name pattern
filenamePattern = "Screenshot?.png"
}
}
uiobject {
builder {
//user can specify custom UI objects here by define the
builder for each UI object
//the custom UI object builder must extend UiObjectBuilder
class
//and implement the following method:
//
// public build(Map map, Closure c)
//
//For container type UI object, the builder is a bit more
complicated, please
//take the TableBuilder or ListBuilder as an example

//example:
//
Icon="org.telluriumsource.ui.builder.IconBuilder"

}
}
widget {
module {
//define your widget modules here, for example Dojo or
ExtJs
// included="dojo, extjs"
included = ""
}
}
}

Thanks

Jian Fang

Aug 16, 2011, 10:39:15 AM8/16/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Profile is used for Firefox to pass firewall. For windows, you can set
OS level proxy if you are behind firewall. Please empty your profile
option.

QA_new

Aug 23, 2011, 12:14:48 AM8/23/11
to tellurium-users
Please explain where i need to do changes so that testscript can
execute in IE also..

Thanks

On Aug 16, 7:39 pm, Jian Fang <john.jian.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Profile is used for Firefox to pass firewall. For windows, you can set
> OS level proxy if you are behind firewall. Please empty your profile
> option.

Jian Fang

Aug 23, 2011, 8:23:32 AM8/23/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com, tellurium-users
No change for your script.

Sent from my iPhone

Shivani

Aug 23, 2011, 11:47:28 PM8/23/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Then how it will execute in IE browser if no changes are required..

Thanks

Manoj Chavan

Aug 24, 2011, 1:37:57 AM8/24/11
to telluri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shivani.
   This part of the config file tells it which browser to use.

>>>    browser = " *iexplore"

Regards,

Manoj

I applied the same but still its opening in firefox browser..

Thanks