rotary wall mount phone

spring fever

Jan 9, 2012, 7:20:36 PM1/9/12
to telecom...@googlegroups.com
hi everyone i’m looking for wiring diagram for a wall mount rotary phone.

Jerry Biddle

Jan 9, 2012, 11:16:46 PM1/9/12
to telecom...@googlegroups.com
Is this the newer 500 series or one of the old black 302 series? I don't have a diagram but I might be able to help you if you tell me what it is you're trying to do with it! (?) I know more about the Telephony of years ago then the so-called modern equipment which for the most part is made in China and other places, Radio Shack, Wal-Mart. Boy I bet the eariler telephone people are flopping in their graves because they used to use the test boards to see if one had a telephone connect with out Mother Bell Systems approvel! They would send dc current and the more resistance the meter shown on the condensor then they knew you had an extra phone. Boy this sounds like Big Brother doesn't it! I like the way they handle things now  a days. The equipment is still rack mounted 23 rack and 19 rack in the broadcast industry along with the recording industry they use the 19 rack. As you can see I like talking about telephones and too the other electronics. Jerry Eugene Biddle

Robert Sund

Jan 10, 2012, 9:24:09 AM1/10/12
to telecom...@googlegroups.com
hi jerry, bob sund here, i still have all of my bsp's. i'm sure i have a 500 set schematic.

[...]

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "telecom_museum" group.To post to this group, send email to telecom...@googlegroups.com.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to telecom_museu...@googlegroups.com.For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/telecom_museum?hl=en.

kevin....@talk21.com

Jan 10, 2012, 6:41:30 AM1/10/12
to telecom...@googlegroups.com
Jerry

Trust me, for those of us involved in the modern industry, even 'across the pond' in the UK we still look back in fondness at those days. Today a product is developed and is on sale for 2 years, expected to be used for 5, then recycled. When I started work, a phone had a life expectancy measured in decades and could be fixed. Fortunatly I'm not 6 foot under yet though. Ah welll back to the latest product from Shenzhen!!

Kev D.

Sent: Tuesday, 10 January 2012, 4:16
[...]

Sam Etler

Jan 10, 2012, 1:45:30 PM1/10/12
to telecom...@googlegroups.com
If you know the model you might want to check in the TCI BSP library:

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=19

If that's too daunting (there's a lot there) please provide this list some more information on model number and there's a good chance someone has detailed information on it.

sam

Jerry Biddle

Jan 10, 2012, 3:38:41 PM1/10/12
to telecom...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for responding to my emailing which was back to you. I geather you're in England or some place like this. As you might know back in the eariler days the telephone companies were part of the Post Office and the step by step switching equipment instead of being rounded covering was in a square covering. Also you had a form of dialing 911 (United States) but was 999 they even made a movie called 999. I watch about every olden and modern movie they make in the UK. Why? Because they are more real looking and too good productions. Besides knowing about the subject of Telephony, I have an interest in: Old telegraph, telephones (of course) fire departments, ambulances, furneral homes (mainly the hurses) police (which was what I did) recordings (music and the studios) which I'm currently involved in, rail-roads older type. Medical which I was a pre-med student for a whilte my friends are either doctors or med students they go to the same Church I belong to. I like some old TV programs this list would be too long. Some of which was made in England. I study the paranormal subjects and listen every night if the guest is good to the Coast to Coast Show which was started by Art Bell who has left the show and he is now retired. My specialites are UFO's, ghost NDE's near death experiences, shape shifters, (some thing the Native Americans knew about long before white man) God Himself, life after death, semi-interested in reincarnation (not every body does this by the way) Oh the aliens who fly or man the UFO's had communication with several aliens because of my again religion. So, this gives you an example of my numerous interestes. Jerry Eugene Biddle from the greater Des Moines, Iowa area

[...]

spring fever

Jan 10, 2012, 3:42:17 PM1/10/12
to telecom...@googlegroups.com
hi my rotary wall mount phone has a stamped number on it (NE 554) 73A/H.
Terry D

spring fever

Jan 10, 2012, 5:07:57 PM1/10/12
to telecom...@googlegroups.com
hi Jerry I’m from Prince Edward Island Canada and this phone came from my Grandmother. now i have an intrest to try and hook it up.
Terry D

Jerry Biddle

Jan 10, 2012, 6:24:54 PM1/10/12
to telecom...@googlegroups.com

Jerry Biddle

Jan 10, 2012, 7:15:35 PM1/10/12
to telecom...@googlegroups.com

Jerry Biddle

Jan 10, 2012, 6:56:18 PM1/10/12
to telecom...@googlegroups.com
You have to be careful on what telephones you connect up on the current telephone system. Let me tell you why. The older phones are called low impedence and they the phone companies do not want this paticular phones on the system drawing too much amps on the cables they figure it might cause a huge drain on the wires and break them similar to a fuse deal. They want all ringers to be high impedence thus not drawing too much amps. If this telephone is one of the current phones on the induction coil you'll see things like L1 L2 this means line one line two. The color codes are red, green and yellow. Yellow is typically called ground this dates back to party lines example the ringer would be on red green, red yellow, green yellow, etc. Read my prior posting about electron tube break down with either + or - deal.
The red was called ring and green was called tip. NE would stand for North Electric Company this has a double meaning. North Electric was similar to Western Electric and too there is a company called North Electric they made telephones, and all relays switching equipment I had one of those in my parents basement with car storage batteries and a WE charging mercury vapor rectifier unit. Another guy by the name of Jim Marcusen he too had a hobby of Telephony and yes we became friends. I eventally lost interest in the telephone field and went over to the recording industry and still this currently. I have been buying professional recording equipment and storing it in storage which I pay $80.56 per month. To do what I want to do I'd have to win a huge lottery because with this I'd be spending five million on the building and the used, and new equipment I would be the one wiring the studios. Studio A 24 track analog and digital Studio B 8 track analog and digital, Studio C 24 track digital and video for DVD and synicated programing. Again I'd be the one wiring the studios. Similar things are in common with telephone and the broadcast, recording studios, they too have went to the high impendence on some things the input of the recorders, they still use low impedence on microphones this way they can have the microphone cables in distances of 1000 ft with out hum, radio EMF etc. I'm 70 years old but I look like a male in my upper 20's lower 30's. I have several people who were so-called friends because of jealousness etc. I do not have any dealings with the people I graduated with in high school. There is a reason why I'm so young looking but if I told you, you'd faint! Soooo, we'll change the subject I'll give you a hint the USA Government has a huge interest in one Jerry Eugene Biddle. As is the case with my religion. It does have some advantages I use to get into the movies at student prices. And too the younger members of my Church do not think about me as a person going on 80 in a few years. Weird yes I know! I sing by the way, I have a semi major record company in Nashville TN interested in me they have sent me a recording contract which is still valid by the way. I sing all types of music this is in the range of: Standards elevator music, golden-oldies, country, rock, gospel eariler type, Christian music eariler type, classical this is in the range of Classical Christian music (ie, Ave Maria, The Lord's Prayer, Oh Holy Night) and others. I have a tenor one voice but because of being older I can now go lower into the bass levels on some music. I'm 6ft tall, blue/green color eyes, 180lbs, milky white complexion, dark brown hair, shoe size 11 1/2 or could wear 12. Hollywood is more interested in my physical looks then my singing. Nashville seen a video and George Stright seen it and wanted me to be a guest on his at the time television program. I sang a Legand in my time for this audition. I have had communication with several record producers one being a female from Capitol Records in California, I can sing in the style of the lates Roy Orbison, Elvis, Rick Nelson and current George Jones, but the lady producers told me she is more interested in a Jerry not those because the industry has already had them. No, I didn't get to go to Nashville because I had to work and to this $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it takes a lot of this in the entertainment industry as I have mentioned in the aboves. Sooooo, now you know more about one Jerry Eugene Biddle