Photos of Alexander Graham Bell

Mus_PEI

Jun 6, 2008, 3:43:32 PM6/6/08
to telecom_museum
Hi All:

I have uploaded two photos pertaining to Alexander Graham Bell to the
group files section. These were passed along to me by site visitor
Alan Gagnon, and were accompanied by the following message:

"Found these in some of the old photos my mother had, probably came
from her sister Susan's stuff when she passed away back in the 1980's.
Mom passed away in January and going through her stuff has been a big
chore, lots of junk with some gold buried here and there. Funny how
connections in family history can happen, Sue's husband Charlie
MacAuley was from Cape Breton Island and his dad worked for Mr. Bell
as a livery man. Mom and Sue's oldest sister, Jessie, married a guy
from down here in West Haven by the name of Harry Hubbard. Guess who's
wife is a distant cousin of his? Mr. Bell! I had one of the Hubbard's
who works on their family tree confirm it. Hope you enjoy these.

The photo of the funeral is dated Aug. 4,1922.

Allan D. Gagnon
West Haven, CT"

One is of the funeral, and the other a photo of Alexander and Mabel
Bell on a walk in Cape Breton.

Dave

Neal McLain

Jun 7, 2008, 11:03:17 PM6/7/08
to telecom_museum, Mus_PEI
Dave:

Fascinating story. Thanks for posting it.

Neal McLain

On Fri Jun 6 12:43 , Mus_PEI sent: