Visiting Southern California

X25-Tech

Aug 8, 2008, 7:33:04 AM8/8/08
to telecom_museum
Hi all, I'll be visiting Southern California from the 16th of August
to the 14th of September. Most of the time I expect to be in or around
LA. Will be doing a road trip or two. One for sure out to Tucson etc.
Can anyone reccommend any telco / techno geek style museums etc that
might be out that way worth visiting ? The Titan Missile Silo and
aviation museum are already on the list. I've been to the museums up
in Seattle, Tacoma and Marysville, and as much as I'd like to it's
unlikely I'll get up to that area on this trip. Last time I was there
(2006) I found a link to a telephone museum just out of Sacremento
(Roseville) but couldn't contact anyone there about it. Looks like
the www page has been updated, Any info on it ? Thanks and regards
Richard, Melbourne Victoria, Australia (www.vtmuseum.org.au)

Wayne Merit

Aug 8, 2008, 8:36:20 AM8/8/08
to telecom...@googlegroups.com
Richard, The JKL Museum of Telephony is near San Andreas, California.  If you have time, it would be worth the trip.
It is in the historic gold country of California.

You can see the museum at
www.jklmuseum.com

Here are a couple of net cams also
Main room:
http://208.86.36.157/ViewerFrame?Mode=Motion&Resolution=640x480&Quality=Standard&Interval=30&Size=STD&PresetOperation=Move&Language=0

Annex room:

http://208.86.36.154/ViewerFrame?Mode=Motion&Resolution=640x480&Quality=Standard&Interval=30&Size=STD&PresetOperation=Move&Language=0

The lights are only on when someone is there... otherwise, it has to be daylight to see.

Wayne Merit
Curator