Spam SMS

1 view

Tee Emm

Aug 26, 2007, 12:31:01 AM8/26/07
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
The attached PTA ad (in Urdu) appears in some of the news papers today. Interesting translation of the word 'unwanted' as 'an chahay'. If this reporting facility finds itself getting popular, there would be a need to more clearly define the mobile spam / spam sms territory which is currently void of even the components' definitions let alone a code of conduct.

--
Tariq Mustafa         MSN:t...@hotmail.com
Active Cell #        http://tinyurl.com/2ob35t

Ashar Iqbal

Aug 26, 2007, 8:37:37 AM8/26/07
On Sun 26 August 07 09:31, Tee Emm wrote:
> The attached PTA ad (in Urdu) appears in some of the news papers today.
> Interesting translation of the word 'unwanted' as 'an chahay'. If this
> reporting facility finds itself getting popular, there would be a need to
> more clearly define the mobile spam / spam sms territory which is currently
> void of even the components' definitions let alone a code of conduct.

In my experience, almost all sms spam is sent by the carrier.

Ashar

Nash

Aug 26, 2007, 1:48:43 PM8/26/07
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
Not entirely the operator, a significantly large number of small
outfits abuse your cell phone address.
In anycase, I strongly believe in Permission Based Marketing which
basically states that:

a) The customer must opt-in, not be in by default (there should be a
checkbox you tick on a form which enables the service provider to sent
sms to you)
b) There has to be a un-register mechanism. Be this via the WWW or via
SMS or via an IVR call to the CC; but it has to be there.

WS
-Nash

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Babar

Aug 27, 2007, 1:18:34 PM8/27/07
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
Good step by PTA. I'm glad that they decided to use the urdu terms.