Call rate to Pakistan to go over 15 cent a min

1 view

Rehan Allah Wala

Apr 11, 2008, 1:31:22 PM4/11/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com, tariq....@gmail.com, har...@supertec.com
Dear Guys.

The APC is getting higer from 1'st of May.

Can we have an health discussion, on this topic here please, do YOU think it is a good thing
or bad thing that the call rate to Pakistan should go from 2.2cent to 10 cent a min in
wholesale?

I agree to the petetion below, that the APC should be removed, and it should be ruled under
a free market policy, and PTA should make sure that the cartel is not formed to make the
rate higher and let the free marketplace descide the rate.

http://tinyurl.com/2w47zx

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala
Msn/Yahoo/GoogleTalk/Email: Re...@Rehan.com
http://www.supertec.com/ - Internet Telephony Solutions
Http://www.DIDX.net - DID Number Market Place.
Don't Remember Me ? Visit http://www.Rehan.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
By Gandhi.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi

WPM$40A8.PM$

Wasim Baig

Apr 11, 2008, 2:35:28 AM4/11/08
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:31 PM, Rehan Allah Wala <re...@supertec.com> wrote:

Can we have an health discussion, on this topic here please, do YOU think it is a good thing
or bad thing that the call rate to Pakistan should go from 2.2cent to 10 cent a min in
wholesale?

Please feel free to add/comment ...

Pros:
  1. LDIs get a higher rate, higher margin
  2. APC contribution increases
  3. Origination increases
  4. Balance of trade in PK's favor
Cons:
  1. Grey market increases
  2. LDI may increase origination rates as well
  3. Yet more regulation! PTA stays relevant to pricing ..
  4. Market pricing takes a back seat
I'd really like to hear from the LDIs though as they seem to be the driving factor behind this ...

--
wasim h. baig | principal consultant | convergence pk | +92 300 8508070