MNP Banning

Ahsan Javaid

Nov 14, 2012, 2:52:33 PM11/14/12
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Just wondering what could be the thought behind having Mobile Number Portability banned.

Ashar Iqbal

Nov 16, 2012, 11:50:29 PM11/16/12
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
My theory: our Inferior Minister keeps turning off the mobile network, the Telcos don't make any noise. In return they get MNP stopped.

Ashar

On Thursday, November 15, 2012, Ahsan Javaid wrote:
Just wondering what could be the thought behind having Mobile Number Portability banned.

Sent from A Mobile Device

Farhan Jaffer

Nov 18, 2012, 2:18:43 AM11/18/12
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Noise does not mean to go outside & burning here & there. Telcos tried their best in negotiation, but you know the power ...

-FJ

Fawad Niazi

Nov 18, 2012, 1:36:04 AM11/18/12
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
200% Agreed with Asher sb. Next would be ban on Easy Paisa like excellent success stories like MNP-Once Jewel in Crown claimed by GoP (MoIT & PTA).

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Ashar Iqbal <s.asha...@gmail.com> wrote:

imrr...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2012, 1:13:03 AM11/18/12
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
http://dawn.com/2012/11/18/number-portability-ban-may-be-reviewed/
Sent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone provided by Ufone

From: Ashar Iqbal <s.asha...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 09:50:29 +0500
Subject: Re: MNP Banning

Rehan Allahwala

Nov 18, 2012, 6:32:57 PM11/18/12
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
It is a sad sad news , that telecoms are not protesting :( I think they did not want the MNP in the first place, and now that this has happened, they wont scream even more... :(

sad news for the consumers of Pakistan, and has NOTHING to do with security, unless someone wants to explain how here , i would love to learn, HOW is it a security issue

Your's Thankfully,

Rehan Allahwala
What we have Built Super Technologies -  http://www.supertec.com/products/
Please Watch our Video Introduction - http://youtu.be/OTWd9l2PXOI

What we are Building : www.Rehan.Com

Raza S Abid

Nov 19, 2012, 2:43:41 AM11/19/12
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
I think its not really a security issue rather the inability of the LEAs to monitor this activity on a national scale. Since the government cannot provide the tools to the LEAs, it ends up making such decisions which make no sense at all just like stopping sales of new SIMs.

Babar Shafiq Nazmi

Nov 21, 2012, 4:01:30 AM11/21/12
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com, Rehan Allahwala
Just my 2 cents, not supporting the banning of MNP, but IT IS a security issue in a country where lives are effected by law & order situation these days, Govt. agencies needs proper information for investigation and may be due to MNP they are having issues in tracking/tracing the culprits !!

Plus, some people already started abusing MNP facility, lucky draw scams, abuse with females, harassing, ransom calls etc.  so no one can register their complain on their actual provider without involving govt. agencies/PTA etc ?

Plus, May be for marketing, Operator's number schemes increases operator's credibility and  MNP was not helping much in it ?