Update TekRADIUS LT to newest version

Zx Guo

Aug 2, 2022, 5:42:10 AM8/2/22
to KaplanSoft TekRADIUS
Hi all,
I'm using  TekRADIUS LT version 5.1.3.1.
I plan to update the newest version
Can I install the "TekRADIUS LT " as "Installation & Configuration Guide",and just copy  and cover TekRADIUS.ini , TekRADIUS.db  and TekRADIUS.db3 files, without any settings to do ?

Yasin KAPLAN

Aug 2, 2022, 5:43:03 AM8/2/22
to KaplanSoft TekRADIUS
Hi,

Your procedure will be sufficient to upgrade.

Best regards,

Yasin KAPLAN

Serap

Jan 29, 2023, 12:03:55 PM1/29/23
to KaplanSoft TekRADIUS
I am currently using TekRADIUS LT 5.5.2 version. There is a Database maintenance section under Settings > Database, which is very useful. I did not see any similar feature in the new 5.7.6 version, though it is mentioned in the manual. Is there any place that we can conduct database maintenance over the TekRADIUS Manager app, or should we go with SQL queries?

Yasin KAPLAN

Jan 30, 2023, 3:42:57 AM1/30/23
to KaplanSoft TekRADIUS
Hi,

Database Maintenance is omitted in the latest version. But we are working a simplified backup option for the next version. Do you use other functions in the Database Maintenance section?

Best regards,

Yasin KAPLAN

Serap

Jan 30, 2023, 6:54:12 AM1/30/23
to KaplanSoft TekRADIUS
Database size may get too large as parallel sessions are opened. We mostly use backup, delete data by date and shrink functions periodically.
As we kill parallel sessions manually, if we choose accounting stop for those sessions, TekRADIUS gets locked. Therefore we keep accounting and sort it out with database maintenance.

Yasin KAPLAN

Jan 30, 2023, 8:18:06 AM1/30/23
to KaplanSoft TekRADIUS
You can invoke VACUUM statement at the SQL tab of TekRADIUS Manager to shrink the local SQLite database.

You can run

VACUUM main INTO 'Full path for the backup database';

to make a backup of existing database. Please see https://sqlite.org/lang_vacuum.html for more details.

You can run following statement to delete Accounting data older than one month;

DELETE from Accounting where strftime('%m', 'now', 'localtime') - strftime('%m', [TimeStamp]) > 1

Serap

Feb 1, 2023, 5:10:49 AM2/1/23
to KaplanSoft TekRADIUS
Thanks. I'll try upgrading.
However, in the current version (5.5.2) I can not see any Active sessions, or I can not get the reports with "SQL logic error or missing database no such column" error, even though the counters go up.
Do you have any solution?
Thanks

Yasin KAPLAN

Feb 1, 2023, 5:28:30 AM2/1/23
to KaplanSoft TekRADIUS
You must set Commit Accounting Events = Yes it Settings / Service Parameters / Accounting to have usage reports.

What do you see when you run

select * from accounting limit 100;

in the SQL tab of TekRADIUS Manager?

Can you examine TekRADIUS log for received accounting packets after settings  Settings / Service Parameters / Service / Logging = Developer?