cause of "Authentication failed, no such user"?

Pierre gaudillere

Jun 3, 2022, 9:57:30 AM6/3/22
to KaplanSoft TekRADIUS
Hi,

I a have a tekradius server running at a client's place. Its main use is to authenticate windows PCs on a network with login/password stored in tekradius.
after some "unkown manipulation" in the tekradius Manager,  the PCs suddenly can't log to the network. In the log I see the  "Authentication failed, no such user", but I can see on a screen capture they sent me that the user still exists.
I am about to restore a backup, but I'd like to know what happened? What can cause this message?

Yasin KAPLAN

Jun 3, 2022, 9:58:42 AM6/3/22
to KaplanSoft TekRADIUS
Hi,

You may have changed authentication query or the authentication key attribute in TekRADIUS settings. Which version do you currently use?

Best regards,

Yasin KAPLAN

Pierre gaudillere

Jun 3, 2022, 10:04:03 AM6/3/22
to KaplanSoft TekRADIUS
I am using version 5.5.5.1.
I can find the authentication query in the database tab, but not the authentication key attribute, where is it?

best regards,

Pierre

Yasin KAPLAN

Jun 3, 2022, 10:07:10 AM6/3/22
to KaplanSoft TekRADIUS
Authentication key attribute is deprecated. Please enable Use Def. Authentication Query option.

Pierre gaudillere

Jun 3, 2022, 10:09:23 AM6/3/22
to KaplanSoft TekRADIUS
OK I will try that