using Lofree MT-200 on Tegaki - fail to use absolute position, and fail to recognize stroke

Mark

Jan 23, 2015, 4:29:35 PM1/23/15
to tegak...@googlegroups.com
I have just bought the Lofree MT-200 touchpad:

http://www.dx.com/p/lofree-mt-200-2-4ghz-wireless-touch-mouse-48-key-keyboard-panel-w-auto-sleep-black-silver-238430

It functions perfectly as a mouse.  However when I tried using it on Tegaki, I faced these problems due to lack of "handwriting mode":

* lack of recognition of absolution position of point of contact (my finger)  absolute position is essential for handwriting recognition as it is used to recognize the displacement between the current stroke and the last stroke

* the OS (Lubuntu 15.04) fails to recognize the movement as a stroke (a drag operation i.e. mouse movement while left mouse is pressed), and misinterpret it as a mouse movement

Are these problems in hardware, or can they be solved in the software (the OS, Tegaki itself, or both)?