LoFree MT-200 fails to recognize strokes

Mark

Jan 23, 2015, 4:39:32 PM1/23/15
to tegak...@googlegroups.com
I am using Lubuntu 15.04 with Tegaki 0.3.1.  When I tried to use the multitouch touchpad LoFree MT-200 on Tegaki:

http://www.dx.com/p/lofree-mt-200-2-4ghz-wireless-touch-mouse-48-key-keyboard-panel-w-auto-sleep-black-silver-238430#.VMK8GnaKLuc

The touchpad worked fine as a mouse, but failed to recognize strokes in tegaki due to:

* failure to use absolution position of contact to determine displacement between current stroke and last stroke
* failure to have a separate handwriting mode, therefore all finger movements are interpreted as move pointer movement, rather than stroke (drag with left mouse button pressed)

So can these problems be solved in Tegaki or the OS, or are they embedded in the hardware (trackpad)?

In the former case, what needs to be done?  Can they be done at configuration level?

In the latter case, which touchpad should I buy?

Thanks!