Persistence of trace links

1 view

RFR

Sep 11, 2007, 7:46:20 AM9/11/07
to Tefkat
Hello,

Is there a way to save and reuse trace links or do they only serve the
purpose for one transformation run?

Best regards
René

michael lawley

Sep 11, 2007, 9:16:59 AM9/11/07
to Tef...@googlegroups.com

I know David Hearnden would love a better answer for this one, but at
the moment you can, of course, persist the trace model (simply give it
a writable URI in the config file). You can then use it as a normal
input model to a subsequent transformation, but there is no way to
pre-load trace information from such a model at the start of a
transformation to "re-use" them.

I'd love to know more about what you would like to be able to do with
them in the way of re-use.

michael

RFR

Sep 11, 2007, 10:47:43 AM9/11/07
to Tefkat
Hi Michael,

My master thesis deals with the evaluation and application model
transformation technologies regarding the model-driven development
process. On the basis of trace information I want to support
consistency checks regarding the transformation specifications and
atomic model synchronisation. At the moment there is no EMF-based
solution which on the one hand satisfies my requirements and besides
supports consistency checks or model synchronisation. That's why I
have at least to prove that there is some workarround on the basis of
trace information (similar as done in the master thesis by A. M.
Jimenez which I already had a look at).

Nevertheless, I consider consistency checks and model synchronisation
(as well as multidirectionality when possible) to be core features of
a model transformation technology. That is what really makes the added
value of a model transformation language compared to simple
programming code working on a model repository.

Regards
René