Error using "LINKS"

Jesús Sánchez

Dec 16, 2010, 3:19:36 AM12/16/10
to Tefkat

Hi all :-)

I've been playing with Tefkat and I got an error while executing the
following transformation:

Error: Implementation limitiation: BindingPair in TrackingUse not yet
supported. in RULE MakeColumns

TRANSFORMATION uml2rel : uml -> rel

NAMESPACE http://simpleuml
NAMESPACE http://relational

CLASS ClsToTbl {
UMLClass class;
Table table;
};

RULE Class2Table(c, t, k)
FORALL UMLClass c
WHERE c.kind = "persistent"
MAKE Table t
SET t.name = c.name
LINKING ClsToTbl WITH
class = c,
table = t
;

RULE MakeColumns(Col, Tbl)
FORALL Attribute a
WHERE ClsToTbl LINKS class = a.owner, table = Tbl
MAKE Column Col
;

I thought that linking rules by means of tracking classes was
possible, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thank you.

Jim Steel

Dec 16, 2010, 4:34:51 AM12/16/10
to tef...@googlegroups.com
I don't think path expressions work within LINKS statements at present. You should be able to work around it by breaking a.owner our into a variable, a la

WHERE a.owner = o
AND ClsToTbl LINKS class = o, table = Tbl

Jesús Sánchez

Dec 16, 2010, 6:57:58 AM12/16/10
to Tefkat

The error message was misleading to me, but now it works :-)
Thank you!