Re: TEFKAT-"EXTENDS"

Jim Steel

Jan 16, 2014, 5:31:16 AM1/16/14
to CHETHNA JOY, tef...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chethna,

We tend not to use EXTENDS any more (I'm not 100% sure whether it still works).

The usual way that rules in tefkat are linked together is through traceability, using the LINKING and LINKS clauses.

In your case, by declaring a class such as Model2TestSuite with references to the model (source object) and suite (target object), you can have the first rule establish this link on its target side:

LINKING Model2TestSuite WITH model=model, suite=testSuite

Then, you can rely on (or look up, if you prefer) the existence of this object in the source constraints of your second rule

WHERE Model2TestSuite LINKS model=model, suite=testSuite

... which gives you access to both of those objects in your rule.

Jim.

On 16 January 2014 11:13, CHETHNA JOY <chethn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Sir,
I just tried out this program after installing tefkat version 2.1.0. It says that the "second rule matched nothing". I guess the keyword EXTEND is not working in the program but sir, am not sure about it. Can u please go through the transformation program i have attached.

Thanking you in advance
Chethna Joy