New Member

Will

May 30, 2005, 6:29:24 PM5/30/05
to teen-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hey whats up people! I'm will, and I use VB.NET, C#, and I am learning
new Technologies such as Avalon and Indigo. I hope I can be of some
help here and answer anyones Questions to the best of my abilities
(which are pretty good).

Will

May 30, 2005, 6:30:53 PM5/30/05
to teen-pro...@googlegroups.com

James

Jun 6, 2005, 1:51:52 PM6/6/05
to teen-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hey! More members! Yes! It's good to see that I'm not the only one with
a small group. :)

-- James

Will

Jun 7, 2005, 7:25:23 PM6/7/05
to teen-pro...@googlegroups.com
So James; I'm curious as to why you have chosen to learn Rebol?

James

Jun 8, 2005, 9:32:14 AM6/8/05
to teen-pro...@googlegroups.com
Will,

> So James; I'm curious as to why you have chosen to learn Rebol?

Good question. For a few reasons: REBOL is extremely light-weight (only
about 600K total), you can have a functional program that actually does
something in a day, not a huge beginning learning curve, readable to
the normal person (non-programmer), and in so many ways, just makes
sense.

I don't have anything against VB .NET and Visual Studio or anything
like that. I would actually like to learn more about them. But, there
are some things I know of that would probably bug me. For one, it's
absolutely huge. Isn't it something like a 50,000 file transfer for
Visual Studio? Whereas, with REBOL, you have about a 2 second install,
your scripts are usually under 10K, 300K core version, and 600K GUI
version. Then, if you want your script to be a stand-alone program, you
can use REBOL/Encap to bind you script to REBOL and create an
executable file.

Please remember that I have absolutely nothing against Java, C, C#, VB,
.NET, or Visual Studio. I am just giving reasons for why I have chosen
REBOL at this point in time.

http://www.rebol.com

-- James