Needed: MacBook Pro Laptops! Maybe presentation setup help? and an A/D Converter.

1 view

Paul Hyland

May 16, 2010, 6:03:19 PM5/16/10
to TEDxPotomac Group
Hello from TEDxPotomac Tech Liaison Paul Hyland.  I'm trying to locate a few remaining tech items to borrow or rent - and maybe some volunteer help - for the conference Thursday, and any help would be appreciated.

Do you have a nice MacBook Pro that we can borrow for a couple days next week?  We're looking for 1-2 additional computers for presentations.  They should also have the latest versions of PowerPoint (or Office 2008 including PP), and Keynote (iWork), and we need it by Tuesday so we can start setting it up.  Video adapter to VGA nice but not required (we can get those).

I'll be taking care of the computers (if not actually operating everything); you can get yours back from me any time after the show.

Also, does anyone have a pro video A/D converter we could also borrow Wednesday and Thursday?  Our live webcast provider suggested Canopus, a good low-end pro converter; the ADVC110 looks perfect for our needs.  It retails for only about $200, must be cheaper to rent (half that?), but if anyone owns something like this (or might be interested in buying one), even better; otherwise good rental leads also appreciated.

Finally, if there are any presentation wizards out there who are just amazing with PowerPoint and Keynote (or at least one of them), we MAY need a little help loading onto the Macs and setting up/sequencing etc. all the presentations and other multimedia we're showing Thursday.  This assistance might also be useful during the show, but set-up is probably more important at this point.

Thanks!
Paul Hyland
TEDxPotomac Tech Liaison