Fwd: Yi-Tan Tech Community Call 275 - What Is Real? - 1:30pm EDT, Monday April 12, 2010

Paul Hyland

Apr 8, 2010, 12:31:21 AM4/8/10
to tedxp...@googlegroups.com
OK, here's something more likely of interest to at least some of you, and more related to TED:

There will be a conference call on Monday which will be part interview, part Q&A with the founder of The Connecticut Forum, which will attempt  to answer questions that seem relevant to our event as well, about connecting with the speakers and conversations at his more interactive events:

These calls usually have a split between techies and business/entrepreneur types, along with a lively back-channel conversation on IRC (and usually not on Twitter, but may pick up).  Jerry used to edit Esther Dyson's industry newsletter Release 1.0.

Paul

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jerry Michalski <je...@sociate.com>
Date: April 7, 2010 11:34:53 PM EDT
To: Yi-Tan List <Yi-...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Yi-Tan Tech Community Call 275 - What Is Real? - 1:30pm EDT, Monday April 12, 2010

Greetings,

Richard Sugarman founded The Connecticut Forum 19 years ago. While convening amazing people and hosting conversations, he's worked to go deeper, to satisfy people's hunger for meaningful connection and engagement.

That's given him a few insights. With Richard, let's discuss:
  • How do you get beyond celebrity, image and stereotype to connect with what's alive in a person?
  • How does time affect our ability to listen, think and learn?
  • What creates an environment of curiosity and discovery? How do you design great shared experiences?

As always, an IRC Chat will be available during the call, here.

We tweet as @yitan. Please follow us, and let's also continue using #yitan. This page is on a wiki, here.

Date:    Monday, April 12, 2010

Time:    10:30 PDT, 1:30 EDT

Dial-in Number: 1-270-400-1500
Participant Access Code: 778778

See all the calls in the call archive or listen to the edited podcasts on this blog. You can also listen to the shorter call summaries.

Please feel free to forward this note to people you think would be interested in these calls. (To unsubscribe, please just reply to me and I'll be happy to do so.)

Talk to you on the call!

Bestest,

Jerry

Patrick Smith

Apr 8, 2010, 5:40:40 PM4/8/10
to tedxp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Paul!

Could be great for our speaker coaches and participant interaction team to join in.

P.