Fwd: Status of TEDxNSIT license

Tushar rao

Apr 8, 2013, 12:34:04 AM4/8/13
to tedxnsit2013
Senior's Reply...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <rosh...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Subject: Re: Status of TEDxNSIT license
To: Tushar rao <imbe...@gmail.com>
Cc: Surbhi Midha <surbhim...@gmail.com>, Piyush Jain <piyushj...@gmail.com>, Archit Chandra <archit...@gmail.com>, RAVEENA MATHUR <raveena...@gmail.com>

I think that's really good. If the speakers will stick without TEDx, that's even better since we can start doing our own event and stop with their stupid regulations.

Again TEDx was a bug not a feature when we were there since it was difficult to get speakers otherwise. Site bana do chhoti Si Nayi.

Do it!

Archit- chill Ho jao dost :)

Regards,
Roshan Shankar

On 07-Apr-2013, at 2:39 PM, Tushar rao <imbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Roshan,

I discussed it with a few people and thing that came into our minds is to have an event, coming Sunday. But with a general conference name (maybe something like SparX, Xcite or Ideas for life -we will think about the exact name) and ditch association with TEDx. Majority our speakers actually do not bother whether they are speaking at TEDx or any other general conference.

We will be able to retain 10-11 of our speakers, atleast the big ones PadmaShris- Jayshree Gupta, Navina Jaffa, law person, Claire, medical doctor, the puppet show etc.
Everything will still be done, like HQ video recording, putting them on YouTube. The conference will be like TEDx, but just no name.

Regarding, what will TEDx office think about us and what if someone complaints, will TEDxNSIT will be blacklisted in future? Last mail from Will Davis instructs us only to inform the speakers that the conference will not have a TEDx brand. Since we have reached out to the speakers on personal bases, they are just more interested in reaching out to youth rather than brandize themselves.

I am sorry to bug again and again, I know you are busy with your submissions, but just help us out with the last decision in only Yes/ No. We have still 6-7 days and I think we can still pull off a great event.

Thanks!

Best
Tushar