Reviving TEDxChennai 2012

Nambirajan Vanamamalai

Mar 23, 2012, 3:29:30 PM3/23/12
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Makkalae,

Last month i went on a trek here at Bangalore. During the trek i met a person called Pavithra. During the trek as we were talking many things, the discussion moved to tedx and i told her that i had been a part of tedxchennai. Following which she expressed her angst that she paid Rs 3000/- for the recent tedxchennai and wasn't even informed of the cancellation of the event. Seems that she had taken a leave for the event and was looking for it. But had to return massively disappointed.

What's happening with TEDx Chennai? Why was it let down last year? Is the team holding itself accountable for this debacle?

--
Thanks for reading.

With possibility,
V Nambirajan
Twitter : @ursquizzically

ankur singh

Mar 24, 2012, 6:53:05 AM3/24/12
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Yes even I am curious to know why after two succesful years of organizing TEDx we couldnot do it last year.

I am moving to Chennai again and would like to be part of the team organizing this event and I believe it would be a good start for this year if we could find out what really went wrong last time.

--
For more information, pls visit
http://groups.google.com/group/tedxchennai

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ankur

Nambirajan Vanamamalai

Mar 24, 2012, 12:29:52 PM3/24/12
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Yup...the purpose should be to make sure that we don't repeat the mistakes again in the future.

But before that...first things first..here are a few questions to be answered...

Have we repaid the people who have paid for the cancelled event? (this is the first step. Hope it's already done. If it's not, we have to complete it)

How are we going to offset the negative opinion that has been created due to the postponement and the cancellation? (We can look at options like giving a discounted fee for the people who had paid for the cancelled event. This can help in gaining credibility who went away disappointed.)

What are the steps necessary to avoid the mistakes and revive TEDxChennai 2012? (What was the root cause in the failure. the team has done two successful events in 2009 and 2010. We were a capable team. What stopped us from doing a third successful event in 2011 and more importantly how do we avoid the same mistakes in the future?)

Balan

Jul 30, 2012, 7:05:00 AM7/30/12
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
TEDxChennai is happening on SEp 30th at the LAdy Andal auditorium. The people who paid last time will be given preference!!

meet me:tushar kumar

Jul 30, 2012, 7:32:25 AM7/30/12
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear that its reviving folks! last sunday of Sep it is then!

Regards,
Tushar
IIM-L
PGP28

Samuel Eddy

Jul 30, 2012, 7:43:47 AM7/30/12
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Yes Tushar.The volunteer committee meetings are on Saturdays at Subway Nungambakkam. We also have a host committee consisting of some prominent people .

Regards,

SAMUEL EDDY
Vice President - Corp-Corp- www.corp-corp.com
Curator- CerebrateXpress-www.Cerebratexpress.com
Curator-Chic Meets Geek India- www.chicmeetsgeek.com
Chief Coordinator - TedxChennai- www.tedxchennai.com
Sole Licencee - BIL Conferences India- www.bilconference.in
Founder- F4(Face to Face facebook Friends- www.globalf4.com
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/sjseddy.com
Twitter- www.twitter.com/samueleddy05
Branchout- www.branchout.com/samuel.Eddy
Skype- samuel.eddy55
Blogs-www.sameddy05.wordpress.com
  www.sam55blogs.wordpress.com
  www.indrepreneur.wordpress.com.

meet me:tushar kumar

Jul 30, 2012, 8:27:48 AM7/30/12
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great Eddy! I wish I could be a part of it this year too

Regards,
Tushar Kumar
IIM-L
PGP 28

Lakshmi Manoharan

Aug 2, 2012, 10:12:11 AM8/2/12
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hey buddies,

I wanted to be a part of TEDxChennai this year. But unfortunately I have moved to Trichy as am pursuing engineering at NITT. Please let me know if NITT is already organizing TEDx annually. If not, I would love to get together with my friends here to organize one here :) Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks much,
Lakshmi Manoharan.
Lakshmi Manoharan
Save the environment. Please don't print this email unless you really need
to. ~ Greenagers

Ranjith Kumar Varadharaajulu

Aug 8, 2012, 9:33:54 AM8/8/12
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tedxians,

      I'm Ranjith Kumar from chennai. I have completed my MCA. I would also like to volunteer for this September event. Kindly help me by letting know what I can do!

Regards,

Ranjith Kumar Varadharaajulu