The future of TEDxChennai

Nambirajan V

Jan 29, 2013, 2:00:45 AM1/29/13
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

I have been part of TEDx Chennai organizing team since it's inception in 2009. I was more active in 2009 and 2010 event after which i had to shift from Chennai for my career. Though i wasn't part of the organizing team last year, i attended the event so i could meet few of the people from the organizing team.

I guess you are aware of the TEDx Chennai license cancellation. I now see a lot of conversations and counter accusations going around Kiruba and the event. Having been a part of the organizing team, i want to make a few things clear here.

While working for the 2009 i have seen Kiruba taking full accountability of the 2009 event and making it happen. Though over the next few years, he might have lost creative control of the event, the fact that he has taken accountability of doing the event deserves credit.

As a person Kiruba has his own issues which i am sure he is dealing with now. If it's possible for you to support him in dealing with those issues, support him. If not, lets mind our own business. I have my own issues which i am dealing with. I guess you too have your own issues which you are dealing with. All these are human issues which can be dealt with and resolved.

We are not here to find fault and blame people now. At least i am not here for that now. I am not here to find who is right/wrong, doing good/bad. If i am enrolled in a possibility, i contribute to it. Or else i will choose not to contribute to it. That's all.

As for the future of the event, let these 2 years go. We will re-visit this after 24 months and see what can be done about the event.

Thank you.

--
With possibility,
V Nambirajan

Benedict G

Jan 29, 2013, 8:26:35 PM1/29/13
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Agreed Nambi we need to look ahead.  Ambition needs to be tempered with clean governance.  So we have to wrap up the past in order to start afresh. In order to convert the stumbling block to a stepping stone we need to step on the stumbling block first.   Its not about someone paying the price its about the entire community acknowledging the mistake and paying the price for imprudence,

If not we just have to abort project and move on with  life making light of such events  by humoring ourselves

Benedict G

For more information, pls visit
http://groups.google.com/group/tedxchennai
---