Do we really CARE about TEDxChennai?

Thomas Arun

Oct 18, 2011, 3:31:54 PM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Friends,

I guess  TEDxChennai has become for the volunteers, by the volunteers and of the volunteers. I say so because, we the so called * volunteers* came to know about the change of venue atleast a week ago. But still the TEDxChennai website reads venue as IIT-Madras. Do we really CARE about the passionate audience who would check the website?

The date for 2011 edition was announced as 9/10/11 during the last event itself. There would have been passionate audience who took note of this. And when we postponed the event did we CARE to apologize in blog/website??

Did we CARE to call the previous speakers and ask them whom they would like to nominate as speakers for the next edition?

Do we CARE inviting previous speakers to this year edition?

All it seems to me that we are too busy in suggesting, discussing and orgnazing volunteer meet ups for no reason. And we are totally not concerned about getting things executed.

Its really disgusting to see this sort of culture in TEDxChennai.team.

Thomas

Samuel Eddy

Oct 18, 2011, 3:49:01 PM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Thomas ,dont get your vitamins in an uproar.You have given good suggestions and lets implement them .Let each one take ownership of some item and get it done.We can contact ,last yeasr speakers .We have the attendees list of the last 2 years and since we have some resources let us also invite young students from the various city colleges. These guys can even come in free.
I think the capacity of the tidel park auditorium is about 500,i am not sure. Also one person contact the companies in the Tidel park and ask them to nominate a certain number of employees . Check with Orangescape if they have a way of communication with all the other companies.

SAMUEL EDDY
Curator-Chic Meets Geek India- www.chicmeetsgeek.com
Chief Coordinator - TedxChennai- www.tedxchennai.com
Sole Licencee - BIL Conferences India- www.bilconference.in
Founder- F4(Face to Face facebook Friends- www.globalf4.com
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/sjseddy.com
Twitter- www.twitter.com/samueleddy05
Branchout- www.branchout.com/samuel.Eddy
Skype- samuel.eddy55
Blogs-www.sameddy05.wordpress.com
  www.sam55blogs.wordpress.com
  www.indrepreneur.wordpress.com.

--- On Tue, 18/10/11, Thomas Arun <thomas...@gmail.com> wrote:
--
For more information, pls visit
http://groups.google.com/group/tedxchennai

SANDEEP VARMA

Oct 18, 2011, 10:18:23 PM10/18/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
And if we want to list down the things that we have not done, its endless, so I think lets move on and put up a great show.

Regards,
Sandeep

--
For more information, pls visit
http://groups.google.com/group/tedxchennai

Ranjith Kumar

Oct 19, 2011, 1:00:06 AM10/19/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,
Totally I agree with Sandeep, Guyz we`re not sitting one month back, we`re counting our days, so letz start executing things. Regrading Venue I will check with suresh by today evening @Eddy
@Sandeep can you update the website venue details.
Cheers,
Ranjith Kumar K,

SANDEEP VARMA

Oct 19, 2011, 1:18:50 AM10/19/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
@Ranjith, sure I can, once confirmed, pls send me the details of the venue

Regards,
Sandeep

Ranjith Kumar

Oct 19, 2011, 1:21:38 AM10/19/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Yeah sure Sandeep,
Can I have ur number give me a call 9790399972

SANDEEP VARMA

Oct 19, 2011, 1:24:34 AM10/19/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
My Number is 98840 46847
Sandeep

Srini @ srini.me

Oct 19, 2011, 1:43:24 AM10/19/11
to TEDxChennai
Now we need to make an e-flyer and send it across to Mr.Nanda of OrangeScape.
Its now the right time to make the buzz to the people working at TIDEL.

Friends
who is working on the banner?   please buzz .. we shall make ready the e mail invite and send it to Nanda

regds
On 19 October 2011 09:34, Suresh Sambandam <suresh.s...@orangescape.com> wrote:
Srini,

Yes, that is possible. I am CC-ing Nanda my admin manager whom someone from TEDxChennai team can co-ordinate. We can do 2 things:

1. If you have a e-flyer we can sent it via email to all HR of companies in TIDEL park and it will reach the employees.
2. We have a office boy who can to each office and issue printed copies of the brouchure.

Someone has to co-ordinate this with Nanda

BTW, the auditorium is 500-600 people capacity.FYI

Suresh

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Srini @ srini.me <sr...@srini.me> wrote:
Hi Suresh,

Things have got to steam up with the right gushes among the tribes of tedxchennai .

I have appended Eddy's email for your ref...
Please advise us on the right way to get the companies in TIDEL to nominate a certain number of their employees to this wonderful event happening inside their own TIDEL.

--
Regards

Srini
9944945559

Ranjith Kumar

Oct 19, 2011, 1:54:28 AM10/19/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Srini,
Thanks for information, I will get it done

Ranjith Kumar

Oct 19, 2011, 1:55:55 AM10/19/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com, Ganesh Hegde
Hi Srini,