Event Planning Document

Ranjith Kumar

Sep 15, 2011, 11:21:26 PM9/15/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,
    I have created event planner document please check it and fill your suggestion if in case i missed anything please go ahead and add it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_BkeFk3OJA5nfFvJ76bp2Z_wHnXFgD8J4c195_LhMhc/edit

Thank you

--
Cheers,
Ranjith Kumar K,

Samuel Eddy

Sep 15, 2011, 11:31:07 PM9/15/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Team,

i am sure that there will be a internet connection at the Startup center and so i will connect with you virtually on Sunday at 4pm.That is 6.30 in the morning for me !!

I am sure Sandeep can take his laptop and connect with me .

With regards to the event planning we are going to be using a event software developed by a friend who is  the founder of goombal.com.I think Kiruba will be able to explain this .

Look forward ,

Kind regards,

SAMUEL EDDY
Chief Coordinator -TedxChennai
Sole Licencee -BIL Conferences India.
Founder-F4(Face to Face facebook Friends)
Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/sjseddy.com
Twitter-www.twitter.com/samueleddy05
Blogs-www.sameddy05.wordpress.com / www.sam55blogs.wordpress.com
www.indrepreneur.wordpress.com.

--- On Thu, 15/9/11, Ranjith Kumar <ranji...@gmail.com> wrote:
--
For more information, pls visit
http://groups.google.com/group/tedxchennai

Srini @ srini.me

Sep 15, 2011, 11:48:54 PM9/15/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Nice to see things spicing up.
it rings me chimes to hear of the choice to get connected virtually this Sunday.

Hi Sandeep
During the meeting, create a google document and share it online.
Give the online updates in the Google doc and we could make the work going from thereon

Regards

Srini

http://srini.me
http://startupstory.in
http://twitter.com/srinidotme
http://facebook.com/srinidotme

Ranjith Kumar

Sep 17, 2011, 6:48:12 AM9/17/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,
    I`m so sorry, just now I found, individuals need edit permission to edit the document, but its not possible for me share with all so i`m sharing the check list please update it. so that we can discuss about it during meeting,

Take Action
Theme
Fix the Date
Venue
Guest list

Venue Plannings
Factors to be considered while selecting a venue and negotiating the price
Capacity of the Hall (No. of Delegates --excluding floating delegates)
Provision for Food (if meals are served)
Provision for stalls, demo, Games, mini-conference etc
Flexibility (if case of informal event)
Timing (When does the event can start and end at the venue)
Lighting arrangement (in case for night events)
Air-conditioned or not
Required Equipment are provided (Mikes, Speakers, etc)
Furniture for dais (Tables, Chairs, Table Clothes)
Whether Music, Entertainment is allowed or not (for informal programs)
Power Backup
Accessibility -- whether the venue is center of city (Whether Delegates can arrive
without any difficulty)
Penalty, in case of cancellation of venue
Provision for people with disability
Special Rooms for Organizers, Dressing up etc
Total Cost

Factors to be considered while deciding the date
Whether the Guest are available on the particular date(s)
Venue is free on a particular date(s)
Most of the Delegates do not have any other engagement on those date(s)
Holidays -- Whether the program should be held on weekdays, weekends or other holiday
Whether any major exams, strike, other special event is taking place in the city or around it
Time need to prepared for the event
Time required for the outstation delegates to make arrangement and come the event
Get approval for your budget, schedule, and etc. from team members as well as supervisors.
Once again, meet with team members and volunteers to brain storm any problems that might arise.
This is also the perfect time to create an action plan.
Delegate work to different people and let an experienced person coordinate all activities.
Let different people coordinate different activities, under the supervision of one person. The team leader should be trusted by the team members.
Make sure to update any websites connected to the event.
Collect sponsors and other sources of money from delegates.
Market the event.
Prepare brochure, release advertisement, inform the media, send mailings, make phone calls, send messages to e-groups, and visit potential participants or sponsors.
It is important to make sure administrative actions are being taken care of as well.
Things like poor accounting, and lack of correspondence can create problems for any event.
Make sure the team does not have any internal problems.
Stay in touch with all team leaders as well as team members and volunteers.
Gather items needed for the event.
Make arrangements for Photos, videos(live streaming) etc.
Make arrangements for food and refreshments.
This is also a good time to prepare for special accommodation such as for those who have disabilities etc
Make arrangements for chairs, tables, backdrops, microphones, speakers, computers, LCD projectors, podiums to be set up at the venue.
Prepare a list with all relevant mobile, phone numbers, emails ids of team members.
Also, make a similar contact list for VIP, and supplier of any goods or services.
Visit the venue with your team members, look around the place including parking, toilets, green
rooms, contact person, arrangements, various entrances and exits.
Look for nearby places where you can take photocopy, make phone calls, buy any things in case of emergency.
Give proper instructions to the team members on how to handle every situation.
Make sure you communicate with every one on how to reach the venue and the time.

Work to be done 24 hours to 36 hours before the event
Check whether all invitations have been sent and responded to.
Create a list of invitees.
Remind attendees about the events.
Check whether all activities are going on schedule.
Check travel arrangements/maps/directions for participants.
Go to the venue and check whether all things are ready.
Collect enough money/cash for the event expenses from concerned persons.
Check whether participants kit is ready.
This kit might include a bottle of water, snack bar, note paper, pen, brochure and any
information they may need. It is also a good idea to include small mementos.
Prepare minute to minute agenda for important activities.
Make a checklist of the things to be taken to the venue.
Check whether enough people are there for the event, otherwise make sure you get some more
people to help you.

On the Day of Event
Arrive early to the venue with your team members and volunteers.
Check for the electric reading and that all electronic equipment is in working order.
Make sure the organizers are wearing a distinct badge or some other noticeable implement so
that participants can find help if needed.
Put the Welcome Banners and other info in front of the building.
Make a reception and registration counter.
Inform the sponsors on where to put the stalls. (Make allocation of space earlier).
Keep the microphones, and speakers ready.
Put on music for an informal event.
Make sure the host speaker has the schedule and resume of the chief guest ready.
He/She should be well prepared. Make sure the host/anchor/Master of Ceremony is aware of
the purpose of the event as well as the people who are organizing it.
Make sure that speakers are aware of any time constraints.
Welcome the delegates and others.
Take care of any special requests, especially those of the outstations and chief guest.
Have a separate person to look after the needs of General Delegates (Non-VIPs) and for PR (Public Relations).
Give directions to those who need them.
Take photos of all important things especially sponsors banners, your banner, entrance, receptions etc.
Ensure all resources (food, water etc) are sufficient, otherwise work out your contingency plan.
Thank the delegates after the event.
Take the feedback from participants.
Clean up the place, check the electric meter etc, remove the banners, tables, etc.
Check to make sure nothing valuable has been left behind, and then, leave the venue.

After the Event
Thank the all team members, especially sponsors and volunteers.
Finalize and settle the accounts.
Have a Thank You party for those who helped.
Distribute any souvenirs or other publications to relevant people.
Deliver the receipts to sponsors and others.
Distribute the photos to those who require it (after developing the photos) and post the photos in your event website.
Evaluate the feedback forms (or feedback from your website)
Have a post-review meeting to perform better next time.

Co-ordination
Teams required,
Before the event have person/committee -in-charge of
Sponsors
Local Participants
Outstation Participants
International Participants
Chief Guest, Speakers,
Accounts
Special Events, Host Show
Documentation, Correspondence
Designing, Printing, Collection of Articles and evaluation the same
Prizes, Mementos, Gifts, Banners, Certificates, Souvenirs
Transportation, Caterers, Venue Arrangement, Decorations, Backdrop, Parking
Media, PR, Marketing
On the Day of Event have person(s) in charge of
Overall Coordination
Pick up and down at Airport, Stations, Hotels,
Green Room
Food
On Stage Activities
Master of Ceremony
Special Events
Computer, LCD projector,
Photographer
Reception
Crowd Management and PR with Crowd
Parking Area
Security
Distribution of Various things (Gifts, Certificates to selected people as well as all the Participants)
Documents
List of Documents (etc) to be prepared
Budget
Event Schedule (Timing of each program in the Event)
Invitations
List of people to be invited
Action Plan
Time-line (Work completion schedule)
Accounts
Communication Letters
Work Register
Designing Brochures etc
Preparing various articles for Souvenir
Materials for Press Conference
Speech
Participants List
Comparing Notes (along with Resume of Speakers)
Agenda
Minute to Minute Schedule
List of Prize Winning
Work Allocation List
Networking List (Mobile numbers of organizers)
Checklist of Things to be Taken
Checklist of Work to be Done
Report of the Event (for media and others)
Final statements of Accounts

note : Sorry for writing such a big mail... pls update if anything missing...

Thank you.

Srini

Sep 18, 2011, 7:25:03 AM9/18/11
to TEDxChennai