Minutes of TEDx Chennai meeting held on Sep 20

ramasubramanian alwars

Sep 21, 2011, 12:47:04 AM9/21/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please find below minutes of meeting for TEDxchennai held on Sep 20, 2011 at Startup centre.

Regards
Ram

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 4:55 AM, <tedxc...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/tedxchennai/topics

 Topic: Venue Details
    Sarathy <sarathy....@gmail.com> Sep 19 10:23PM -0700 ^

    I think the 150 seater at the Centenary Library is more of a conference room
    than an auditorium.

    Below are some links which list a few auditoriums in Chennai. Let me know if
    more...
    "Srini @ srini.me" <sr...@srini.me> Sep 20 01:54PM +0530 ^

    I approached Suresh, founder of OrangeScape to help out.
    Since they have their office at TIDEL, I am sure, he can get us through
    hope he shall be able to buzz back EOD

    Regards

    Srini
    more...

--
For more information, pls visit
http://groups.google.com/group/tedxchennai

--
Ram
Twitter.com/2rams
Facebook.com/2rams
http://2rams.posterous.com/
9841010109

Samuel Eddy

Sep 24, 2011, 11:54:36 PM9/24/11
to tedxc...@googlegroups.com, kir...@kiruba.com
Dear Tribe .

" If you had to identify in one word ,the reason the human race ha not achieved ,and never will achieve,its full potential,that word would be meetings" Dave Barry-humourist.

I am sure that many of you will agree with that but it doesnt have to be that way.Here's how you can have a good one .

1.START AND END STRONGLY

Its like flying a plane .Most crashes happen during take off or landing!
Running a productive meeting isnt rocket science.Much of it boils down to and conducting every meeting with a purpose and ending it with a plan for "going forward"Problems arise when people forget this .

2.Pick a Leader

Always assign someone to lead each meeting.The worst you can do is to go into a meeting without anyone in charge .It usually turns into a shouting match!!

3.Think small

Be realistic about what you can accomplish.You cant solve world hunger in an hour.By the same token ,keep the number of attendees manageable to stimulate discussion. When you have too many people in the room everyone clams up or talks too much!!

4.Direct dont dominate

People hate it when they cant get their work done because they  have to go to someone  else's meeting.So encourage everyone to speak up and get involved especially the youngsters and first timers.They need to believe its not 'his' or 'her' meeting but 'our' meeting.

5.Lay down the rules of engagement

Everyone needs to understand who will take notes and how decisions will be made.Remember that typically consensus is a bad thing.It means that there isnt enough dialouge or debate and thats the life blood of any organisation.In his book "Boring meetings suck" author Jon Petz  suggests assigning follow up tasks during the final five or ten minutes and then reiterating them in the group mail so that there is no confusion.

I hope you guys have a great TEDxChennai meeting and that you will have a Kick-ass event. I sure miss all the good times!!

Kind regards,

SAMUEL EDDY
Chief Coordinator -TedxChennai
Sole Licencee -BIL Conferences India.
Founder-F4(Face to Face facebook Friends)
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/sjseddy.com
Twitter-www.twitter.com/samueleddy05
Blogs-http://sameddy.wordpress.com/ www.sam55blogs.wordpress.com
www.indrepreneur.wordpress.com.