VRBike wireless receiver info found, Polar Electro still makes some compatible parts ! (revised)

Questor

Nov 4, 2011, 4:15:17 PM11/4/11
to Tectrix VR
I took the VRBike wireless "heart rate monitor" receiver off and
examined it for manufacturer make/model info.

The receiver CMOS assembly was pre-programmed and customized by
Tectrix, but uses a 1995 basic receiver board from Polar Electro that
is still in business (polarelectro.com).

The polar circuit board is model 61282 or 61284 (I am unsure which is
installed on my VRBike). It uses a MAS1005BS 9542 CMOS and a Neosid
transmitter. Resistors and diodes on the board have identifying marks
of 245, 5hz, and 195.

To make sense of these parts and info, I called Polar Electro tech
support at Tel: 1-800-227-1314. Polar Tech support confirmed that
they made the VRBike wireless equipment, but had no replacement parts
for the receiver because it was customized by Tectrix. At this point I
am assuming that the VRBike receiver is working OK but have not yet
tried it.

However, Polar Electro DOES still make a VRBike compatible strap-on
heart monitor with transmitter! It is a Polar model T31 transmitter
(not T31c that uses a coded and encrypted transmitter) which can be
ordered with a variety of accessories and strap colors. The T31 can be
found on eBay, but be careful... used equipment without documentation
may be worn out, incomplete, have worn out batteries, or may be a T31c
that cannot work with the VRBike! A new T31 from Polar estimated cost
is $40 + s/h/p and tax if applicable.

I will order one of these T31 units and let everyone know the
results... The T31 and accessories or replacement parts can also be
ordered online at www.shoppolar.com (search for T31) or possibly
ordered through a local fitness supplies store. Here is the
shoppolar.com description of the T31 transmitter...

T31 transmitter
Slightly different to the T31c Transmitter, the slim, light and
waterproof T31 doesn't have the benefit of coding for interference
free transmission. However, its purpose remains the same: to transmit
your heart rate to your wrist unit ECG (electrocardiogram) accurately.
$39.95