Seeking VRBike heart rate monitor info...

Questor

Nov 3, 2011, 11:12:32 PM11/3/11
to Tectrix VR
I just bought a VRBike and Thatcher posted my scanned copies of the
VRBike Owners Manual and Service Manual to links in this forum.

What I am trying to obtain is info about a compatible chest strap-on
"heart rate monitor" that links and transmits to the VRBike wireless
heart rate monitor receiver that is mounted under the seat. It seems
that Sportsmith.com and Fitnessrepair.com carry a variety of VRBike
parts, but none lists any VRBike heart rate monitor replacement parts.

I was able to determine the location of the VRBike heart rate monitor
receiver that is under the seat, but the VRBike Service Manual parts
list is unclear about wireless replacement parts. The VRBike heart
rate monitor is not listed in the parts diagrams and there does not
appear to be any Tectrix parts numbers assigned to a replacement chest
strap.

Since this VRBike likely has the original "heart rate monitor"
wireless receiver, does anyone know where I could purchase a
replacement chest strap-on transmitter? Does anyone know which
company manufactured this wireless "heart rate monitor" transmitter/
receiver set back in 1995/1996? Has anyone experimented with other
manufacturers' wireless "heart rate monitor" equipment as replacements
and what are the results?

Thanks, Steve
Cincinnati