Re: VR Bike

Thatcher Ulrich

Oct 24, 2010, 9:22:45 AM10/24/10
to Goliath, tectr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Galo,

The bikes use ordinary PC motherboards from the mid-90's, so if you
can get ahold of the appropriate keyboard, you can open up the back
and plug it in to the motherboard. The connector would have been the
5-pin "AT" style connector (see
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/kb/const/otherConnector-c.html )

So -- to fix, I think you can open up the back of the bike, replace
the motherboard battery, and then plug in a keyboard to get through
the boot sequence. I'm not 100% sure you actually need the keyboard.

The PC and most of the electronics are in the piece that runs from the
floor up to the base of the monitor. To open up this monitor support,
the technique I used to use was to stand behind the monitor facing the
bike, push my knee into the middle of the plastic cover, causing the
large plastic panel to flex outwards along the sides, halfway up.
Then, grab the edges of the plastic on the left and right, halfway up,
and pull the cover off. (To put the cover back on, just line it up
and push it into the metal frame until it clicks into place.)

-T