Techweekend July

dipen chaudhary

Jun 20, 2011, 2:43:36 PM6/20/11
to techweekend
Hey,

Any plans or topics of interest for july meetup? I think we missed on
2 consecutive chances in may and june, so I think starting this
conversation early can allow for arranging speakers well in time.

Cheers

jay w

Jun 21, 2011, 12:26:54 AM6/21/11
to techw...@googlegroups.com
I believe, JavaScript Frameworks are growing at a rapid pace.
It would be great if someone can give an insight to their growth and future scope.

--
Thanks & Regards
------------------------------

Blog: http://www.the4thdimension.net/
------------------------------

ratnadee...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2011, 1:07:45 AM6/21/11
to techw...@googlegroups.com
yes, javascript frameworks can be interesting to have.
--
Ratnadeep Deshmane.
http://rtdptech.com

Dipen

Jun 21, 2011, 1:10:37 AM6/21/11
to techw...@googlegroups.com
+1

I would like to see the following:

1> Javascript MVC frameworks - sproutcore, backbone.js -- Sproutcore released 2.0 couple of days ago, which is super exciting. Backbone.js is awesome as well.

2> JS on the server side -- Could be a little repetitive as thats all you hear about on tech side of interwebs. In any case, node.js is simply sweet, with I think record breaking contribution velocity ( almost 2 modules added daily to npm ). We can have a session on express, which I think would be a potential fresh topic from node ecosystem.

3> JS libraries around HTML5 ecosystem -- There are many simple and awesome js libs supporting html5 transition. We can talk about them.

4> JS testing ecosystem - test frameworks available, approaches, war stories?

5> From subjective point of view I think a discussion on single page apps would be interesting too, its picking up again after those crazy AJAX demos in 2006.

What do you think?

----------------------------------
Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 : We build beautiful and scalable web strategies ( www.qed42.com )
Blog: dipenchaudhary.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/dipench

Dipen

Jun 21, 2011, 1:16:45 AM6/21/11
to techw...@googlegroups.com
6> Coffee Script - Rails 3.1 is shipping it now

----------------------------------
Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 : We build beautiful and scalable web strategies ( www.qed42.com )
Blog: dipenchaudhary.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/dipench

Vineet Naik

Jun 21, 2011, 1:20:31 AM6/21/11
to techw...@googlegroups.com
1> Javascript MVC frameworks - sproutcore, backbone.js -- Sproutcore released 2.0 couple of days ago, which is super exciting. Backbone.js is awesome as well.

Spine can also be added to the list. Found it quite easy to use and its well documented too.

--
Vineet Naik

ratnadee...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2011, 1:32:34 AM6/21/11
to techw...@googlegroups.com
+1 for -
1> Javascript MVC frameworks - sproutcore, backbone.js
4> JS testing ecosystem
5> single page apps would be interesting too
6>coffeescript
7>spine

I guess, currently there is lot of confs and talks happening for server side js (specially node). How about keeping it more preferential towards client side js?
Would like to hear views over this.

jay w

Jun 21, 2011, 1:34:54 AM6/21/11
to techw...@googlegroups.com
Single Page Applications are really a great idea, especially for small screen devices.

sanmukho

Jun 22, 2011, 4:11:00 AM6/22/11
to techweekend
+1 JS Frameworks
+5 JS on the server side
+1 JS on JS on html side
+1 JS testing ecosystem

Thanks
Sandy

On Jun 21, 10:34 am, jay w <jaydee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Single Page Applications<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-page_application>are
> really a great idea, especially for small screen devices.
>
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Vineet Naik <naik...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1> Javascript MVC frameworks - sproutcore, backbone.js -- Sproutcore
> > released 2.0 couple of days ago, which is super exciting. Backbone.js is
> > awesome as well.
>
> > Spine <http://maccman.github.com/spine/> can also be added to the list.
> > Found it quite easy to use and its well documented too.
>
> > --
> > Vineet Naik
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards
> ------------------------------
> Jaydeep
> Software Developer
> Contact ID: *2010-1111-1111 <http://thecontactid.com/add/2010-11111111/>
>
> Blog:http://www.the4thdimension.net/<http://jaydeepwagh.blogspot.com/>
> <http://jaydeepwagh.blogspot.com/><http://jaydeepwagh.blogspot.com/><http://jaydeepwagh.blogspot.com/>

Navin Kabra

Jul 13, 2011, 2:40:38 AM7/13/11
to techw...@googlegroups.com
Have we found any speakers for any of these talks?