My dotfiles in case anybody wants them/ doesn't know where to find them..

Doon

Feb 25, 2016, 10:11:45 AM2/25/16
to TechValley Ruby Brigade
I use zsh, with my own hacked together set of init scripts. (As opposed to using something like oh-my-zsh).  Fish Shell looks cool as well, but i've been happy with zsh for a while, so nothing compelling for me to change.    I am running the beta of iterm3  (https://www.iterm2.com/version3.html)  which so far has been stable, along with the shell integration for it.

if you have questions about my dotfiles, my setup, etc.. just let me know. Being a jack of all trades (sysadmin, network geek, programmer, etc..) I tend to spend lots and lots of time in shells.

-Patrick (doon)

Dallas DeVries

Feb 25, 2016, 10:29:59 AM2/25/16
to techva...@googlegroups.com
Sweet thanks Doon.  Thanks for the demos last night, found them interesting;

Dallas DeVries
SportSpyder, LLC
http://sportspyder.com

Cort

Feb 25, 2016, 2:46:45 PM2/25/16
to TechValley Ruby Brigade
I agree with Dallas, thanks

I have long been an ide oriented person and I think there is still good value there, but with all the new thinking and churn going on today it may be a better time to be shell and command line oriented.

This was a great post by Oliver Steele from about a dozen years ago that I think is still relevant today.

http://blog.osteele.com/posts/2004/11/ides/