February 24th, 2016 Meeting Announcement

Jim Cifarelli

Feb 16, 2016, 10:19:29 AM2/16/16
to TechValley Ruby Brigade
Hello Tech Valley Ruby Brigade Members,

Please join us, this 4th Wednesday of the month, February 24th, at 6:00PM, in downtown Troy at Enable Labs.

We're pleased to announce Eileen M. Uchitelle will be presenting this month.

Abstract:
The Internet is built on technology that was never meant to work together. Basic features in seemingly simple and innocuous technologies, such as XML, resulted in these technologies being insecure. In this session we'll talk about how attackers exploit well known vulnerabilities like XSS, XXE, and CSRF and how to make more secure software by avoiding similar decisions that resulted in these exploits.

Where:
  Enable Labs
  415 River Street, 4th Floor
  Troy, NY 12180

Please RSVP to this thread so we can plan food and drinks.

Thank you,

Jim Cifarelli

Carl Telban

Feb 16, 2016, 10:31:52 AM2/16/16
to techva...@googlegroups.com
I'm in.

-Carl

Cort

Feb 17, 2016, 9:16:59 PM2/17/16
to TechValley Ruby Brigade
Looking forward to it.

Jon Orris

Feb 17, 2016, 10:22:17 PM2/17/16
to techva...@googlegroups.com
I will be coming with a guest.

Doon

Feb 22, 2016, 9:53:07 AM2/22/16
to TechValley Ruby Brigade
I'll be there..

Dallas DeVries

Feb 22, 2016, 11:17:54 AM2/22/16
to techva...@googlegroups.com
I'm in

Dallas DeVries
SportSpyder, LLC
http://sportspyder.com

brandi....@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2016, 12:54:19 PM2/23/16
to TechValley Ruby Brigade
I'll be there!

Justin Valentini

Feb 23, 2016, 1:18:22 PM2/23/16
to techva...@googlegroups.com
Me too!

Thomas Porter

Feb 23, 2016, 1:32:43 PM2/23/16
to techva...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

Linda and I will be there.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Thomas Porter

Feb 24, 2016, 12:57:46 PM2/24/16
to techva...@googlegroups.com
Jim: Order, counter-Order, Disorder.  Linda and I will be there, but maybe 15 - 20 minutes late.  I've got a work conference call until 6:00.

Tom P.

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Jim Cifarelli <cifa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Jason

Feb 24, 2016, 2:38:46 PM2/24/16
to techva...@googlegroups.com

I will peek in tonight too. Sounds like a good topic.

Thx,
Jason