Career Guidance

arun...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2020, 7:43:36 PM3/5/20
to Technion Indians
Respected members,

I am a Postgraduate with 4+ years of experience in Mechanical Software such Ansys, Abaqus, Hypermesh etc.
Recently I got a job offer from a fintech company specialized in online payments.
Only thing they asked me to do is to learn Coding (Java, SQL etc.)

My Question is,

In spite of knowing the above mentioned basic mechanical Software, will learning Java help me to shine in Software Development field ?.

Kindly do reply for this one

William Moses, Jr.

Mar 20, 2020, 8:59:54 AM3/20/20
to arun...@gmail.com, Technion Indians
Hi,

I'm not familiar with those particular software or with fintech, but since you asked about the software development field, I think I can give a partial answer.

Learning a software language like Java is important because it teaches you the important ideas used to code. Different languages may have different benefits and may be needed instead of Java depending on the final software you need to write. Additionally, if you have to write a piece of software for a company, you will have to write it using a software language and not a piece of software.

Regards,
Billy