Technion Indian Updates on COVID19 Issue (Technion WhatsApp Group Invite)

Chandrakanth Gadipelly

Mar 20, 2020, 9:45:12 AM3/20/20
to Technion Indians
Dear Technion Indians,

To start with, We have a TECHNION INDIANS WhatsApp group. I am attaching the link below, please feel free to join it, (ONLY THOSE WHO ARE PRESENTLY SERVING THEIR TENURE IN TECHNION)

Secondly, I am sure by now you all might be aware of the global health crisis we are facing and almost every one of us has been suffering its effects. I would like to share some updates on this as per the information I have been getting from the Indian Embassy in Israel and the information which was shared on this topic.

First of all, these are hard times which we are facing and we have to act responsibly on this. I'm pretty sure every one of us is now aware that worldwide medical researchers are working on finding out an antidote for COVID19. We too have an important role to play in this.

* Please try to follow as much as SOCIAL DISTANCING possible.
* Please maintain hygiene and wash hands with a good sanitizer/soap.
* Try to avoid unnecessary travel.
* If you feel sick/uncomfortable in health, please stay home and if the situation seems to be out of control, seek medical advice.
* Please check out your Medical Insurance Policy, if due expiry or expired, renew it at the earliest it is very important.

Updates on TRAVEL To & Fro INDIA

As of now, it is advised not to travel to India or return to Israel. Air India is halting its service for flying into India from 22nd March to 29th March 2020. For travel to Israel from India, presently Indians are not allowed to enter (even though you can declare a place for quarantine).

Further updates on airlines will be updated on the WhatsApp group.

Finally, we urge everyone to be safe and stay healthy by practicing personal hygiene. As Technion is on a complete close-down, please maintain the decorum and stay home/dorms. Please feel free to post your queries/suggestions for any clarification and I am sure every one of us who has some authentic information will be able to help.

Have a Safe & Healthy life.

Regards,

Dr. Chandrkanth G.
On Behalf of Technion Indians Community