Coming for mother's Cancer treatment at Sheba Medical Center, Derech Sheba 2, Ramat Gan, Israel

shubham gupta

Nov 27, 2021, 12:39:47 PM11/27/21
to technion...@googlegroups.com, shubham gupta
Hi All,

Just want to introduce myself as Shubham - coming for my mother's Cancer treatment for AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia, commonly known as Blood Cancer) - wherein there is a plan for a Bone Marrow Transplant - would be there at the Sheba Medical Center, Derech Sheba 2, Ramat Gan, Israel mostly in the month of February. Since me and my entire family have never been to Israel, might need a bit of help with tid-bits of information on the life there, as well as help to look out for accomodation and stay (since the stay might need anything between 3 months to 6 months). Would anyone be able to help please?

Please do let me know, thanks all!

Thanks and Regards,
Shubham

Stephen Richard

Nov 30, 2021, 4:55:43 AM11/30/21
to Technion Indians
Airbnb or short-term rentals like aparthotels may be helpful for your stay.
I would suggest you ask the Sheba hospital staff for suggestions regarding accommodation that fits your budget. They would know better about options closer to the hospital.
Also, Indian  students from Bar Ilan University located in Ramat Gan ( closer to the hospital) can give you suggestions for suitable accommodation as well.
my best wishes and prayers for a successful treatment for your Mom.

Sunder Ram Krishnan

Nov 30, 2021, 5:39:43 AM11/30/21
to sgher...@gmail.com, Technion Indians
Shubham: I think this group mainly comprises Technion alumni (like myself) who may not be checking messages in this group any longer. My understanding is that Technion Indians have a WhatsApp group now, which is where all activity happens. I hope you find it (if not already). Else you can also try some FB groups like https://www.facebook.com/groups/indians.in.israel/ perhaps? (Not sure; anyway, FB and WhatsApp might be quicker ways to get responses.)
Apart from the appropriate suggestions given by Stephen, you may try yad2.co.il and komo.co.il with Google translate. Mind you, you may have to book something temporary via Airbnb for the first few days before finding something via these sites. Some links and info in https://biuinternational.com/students/ and https://medicine.biu.ac.il/sites/medicine/files/shared/WELCOME%20FNL_0.pdf may also prove useful.

All the best!

Sunder Ram Krishnan

Nov 30, 2021, 5:55:10 AM11/30/21
to sgher...@gmail.com, Technion Indians
By the way, it seems there is an updated list of members here - You can personally email some current student/postdoc and then you might get a response:

Sumit Malik

Nov 30, 2021, 6:03:20 AM11/30/21
to sgher...@gmail.com, technion...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shubham…
If you can give me your WhatsApp number, I can add u to Technion Indians WhatsApp group(temporarily), which is relatively more active with several people. U may ask for any help and suggestions time by time there… hope we will be able to help u here.
You can WhatsApp me on

Sincerely...
Dr. Sumit Malik

Post Doctoral Fellow
Dept-Chemical Engineering
Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
Email- ssumi...@gmail.com

Pranav Kapur

Aug 31, 2023, 6:02:49 AM8/31/23
to Technion Indians
Hi Shubham - How was the experience for BMT in Sheba? Even we are considering taking my mother there for it for AML.
Will appreciate a response!

Thanks
Pranav