A relatively easy and quick paying project

Douglas McCallum

Feb 17, 2020, 7:21:13 AM2/17/20
to Tech Meetup
We need someone to write an app which will listen on a port and interface with a credit card machine plugged into a serial port, ie we send the app an amount and you get the PED to authorise the amount and report back on whether it was successful or not.

The app has to run on Windows, though may run on Linux in the future.
It has to be a single executable, ie no install time dependencies.
Preferably memory safe, Go/Rust rather than C/C++, though we are flexible on this.
Write a structured log of what happened, as we use LogStash/Elastic to interrogate our logs

We can supply you with the documentation for the PED interface, a virtual terminal to test stuff and a PED machine to see if it really works.

We get the source and copyright to use and modify it. You get to reuse and resell the source to other people and spend the money .

If this appeals, let us know with a vague idea of how long it would take and how much money you want. If you have any questions fire them my way and I will try and answer them.

Douglas