Open technology meetup / calk for talks

Tai Kedzierski

Feb 15, 2022, 7:09:58 AM2/15/22
to techm...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

In a bid to kick-start/reboot the technology talks scene in Edinburgh, we're starting a new meetup centred around open technology (think open source, open hardware, open data, ...) and we're looking for speakers for our inaugural events :-)

Our intended format for now is:

* lightning talks two months in a row
* followed by a long-form talk (either a new talk, or an expansion on any one lightning talk people would like to see)
* repeat quarterly

We are open to anything that relates to open source (libraries, frameworks,, licenses OS's, platforms, etc) , open hardware (designs, boards, SoCs, etc), open data (social, weather, government, stats, ...) . If it can be leveraged through open access, it is of interest to us!

Our first event is scheduled for the 16th of March 2022 , at Codebase Edinburgh (details to be published on the meetup group) with approximately 4-6 lightning talks between 5-10min long

If you would be interested in giving a lightning talk, do give me a shout!

Cheers

Tai

===
Tai Kedzierski

Host of the Edinburgh Language Meetup

"The power to target is the power to discriminate."

Open Source Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price.
https://www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software