Accessibility in the News- January 5, 2024

Jack McElaney

Jan 4, 2024, 4:35:10 PMJan 4
to tech...@googlegroups.com

Happy New Year Everyone: I hope your holidays were enjoyable, restful, and you were able to create many fond memories with your families and friends.

I wish all of you a wonderful new year full of rewarding and fulfilling work, quality time with your friends and family, downtime to focus on yourself and your physical and mental health, and the resources and ability to achieve all of your goals and dreams. Let’s all make 2024 our best year yet!

Sincerely,

Jack

Accessibility in the News- Knowledge is Power

Crafted while listening to: Tidal Sessions Series Presents: Teddy Swims

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." Winston S. Churchill

National Eye Institute | National Eye Institute

January is Glaucoma Awareness Month

The Glaucoma Foundation Newsletter

More than 3 million people in the United States have glaucoma. The National Eye Institute projects this number will reach 4.2 million by 2030, a 58 percent increase.

National News (U.S.)

1.    How 'How to Dance in Ohio' made strides in theatre accessibility in Syracuse and on Broadway- December 22, 2023 Source: WRVO Public Media

How to Dance in Ohio made its world premiere in Syracuse last year at Syracuse Stage. A year later it opened on Broadway. Before the show begins all seven autistic actors come out on stage and give the audience a primer on what they're about to see. There's music, there's dancing, of course, and all seven autistic characters are played by autistic actors. "There’s this saying, 'If you’ve met one autistic person... you’ve met one autistic person,'" Conor Tague, who plays Tommy, says at the top of the show…

2.    All-electric push sparks concerns about for-hire vehicle accessibility- December 22, 2023 Source: Spectrum

Amid the push to make the city’s taxi and rideshare fleet all-electric, disability advocates are concerned wheelchair-accessible vehicles, or WAVs, will be squeezed out. Eman Rimawi-Doster, a double amputee, was in a wheelchair over the summer, and said it was hard getting a for-hire WAV in the Bronx through the Access-a-Ride E-Hail pilot, which allows users to order an app-based car on-demand, instead of pre-arranging one. “This was before the Uber was added…

3.    Printmaker Jim Harris puts a special spin on Stowe's wheelchair-accessible cabin- December 22, 2023 Source: New England Ski Journal

The skilled artwork of printmaker and skier Jim Harris — inspired by his love for mountainous terrain and honed during the years following an accident that left him paralyzed — is turning heads at Stowe Mountain Resort, where it is being displayed this season on the handicap-accessible SkyRide gondola car that whisks skiers to the top of Mount Mansfield.  Harris said his “Creating Your Line” work is an invitation for people of all abilities to choose their own adventures…

4.    Colorado tattoo shop making tattoos more accessible for deaf, hard of hearing, LGBTQ+ community- December 25, 2023 Source: CBS Colorado

Getting a tattoo is a time to open up and be comfortable with the person on the other side of the needle, but not all communities necessarily feel welcome, when sitting in the chair. That's where Disruptive Ink is looking to make a change. Disruptive Ink, located in Lakewood, is a local female LGBTQ+-owned tattoo shop and they're offering a welcoming space for everyone. Many of their clients are in the gay or trans community. Plus, they also support the deaf and hard-of-hearing community…

5.    Austinite stars in 'Barbie with ASL' to increase the blockbuster's accessibility- December 25, 2023 Source: KXAN

A deaf Austinite is inviting even more people into Barbie world, as she stars in the blockbuster’s version of the film available in American Sign Language. It’s part of an effort to make Greta Gerwig’s smash hit more accessible to the deaf community and is the first movie available in ASL on Max, formerly known as HBO Max. Austin’s own Leila Hanaumi stars in the “Barbie with ASL” — where she interprets and performs the full two hour movie, taking on the roles of dozens of characters in Barbie…

6.    Justin Cooper: The Accessibility Advocate- December 26, 2023 Source: Chicago Reader

I was born and raised in Chicago by my mother, who has taken care of me my whole life. Growing up, I had to deal with a lot of things—being disabled, but also being a Black person in Chicago. It’s been an interesting journey, having to navigate systems that often don’t benefit people with disabilities or people of color. I was really raised by my mom to have strong values, [and fight] for the rights of people who are often disenfranchised and who are often not paid attention to…

7.    Used Car Dealer Allegedly Sold One Wheelchair-Accessible Van To 13 People- January 26, 2023 Source: Jalopnik

Edward Scott Rock, a Philadelphia used car dealer, was arrested last week by federal authorities on charges of mail and wire fraud. Rock is accused of accepting payments from around 120 buyers across 36 states but failing to deliver a vehicle. Most of the vehicles involved were accessible for seniors, wheelchair users and people with disabilities, including a 2017 Ford T150 van sold to 13 different people over 11 months. The Department of Justice alleges Rock’s non-delivery sales scheme occurred between 2019 and 2023…

8.    Lego Braille Bricks review: An essential toy for the blind community- December 27, 2023 Source: Maxwell Ivey at USA Today Reviewed

As a 57-year-old man who’s legally blind, when I was asked to review Braille Legos, I thought, maybe I’m too old to play with kids’ toys. But I was quickly reminded of something my dad used to say: “Adults are just kids over 48 inches tall.” With this assignment, I intend to channel my inner child as much as possible. As you’ll see from the photos below, I thought the great Fred Rogers would be a solid source for inspiration, though my red sweater is, admittedly, not nearly as suave as his…

9.    Airlines damaged thousands of mobility aids this year: Here's how 30+ flyers were affected- December 28, 2023 Source: USA Today

“I fully expect my wheelchair to keep getting damaged, and it’s a fairly significant source of stress for me when I fly,” Heather Bennett told USA TODAY. Bennett is one of thousands of wheelchair users whose devices were damaged while flying in 2023 and one of more than 30 disabled travelers who shared their personal stories of such damage with USA TODAY this year. According to the Department of Transportation, there were 8,637 reported mobility device damage incidents as of September, about 1.4% of the total number transported. Full-year data for 2023 is expected in early 2024…

10. Michigan state parks system leads the nation in accessible recreation- December 28, 2023 Source: Bridge Detroit & WSJM

A steady push to expand off-road mobility chairs in state parks and recreation areas has made Michigan a national leader in accessible outdoor recreation. The Michigan Department of Natural Resources this month announced it now has more track chairs — rugged mobility devices that have tracks like a snowmobile instead of wheels — than any other state parks system in the nation. “You hate to think that making parks accessible is a luxury, because it shouldn’t be,” said Michelle O’Kelly, the DNR staffer in charge of expanding the track chair program…

11. Legislation To Improve Access To State Government Websites For People With Disabilities Is Senator Mannion’s Twenty-Second Bill Signed Into Law In 2023- December 28, 2023 Source: Oswego County Today

Senator John W. Mannion announced his legislation (S3114A) to improve access to New York State government websites for people with disabilities has been signed into law. It is Senator Mannion’s twenty-second bill signed into law in 2023. The new law requires all state agencies to comply with the most current version of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) adopted by the World Wide Web Consortium. WCAG represents the global benchmark for website accessibility, ensuring inclusivity for people with disabilities…

12. Government not meeting minimum accessibility standards on federal websites, GSA report finds- December 28, 2023 Source: Fed Scoop & FEDweek & ExecutiveGov

The General Services Administration on Thursday submitted its latest report on federal website  accessibility to Congress, an analysis that represents the next step in the government’s long-running and often-beleaguered effort to ensure that everyone can use its digital resources. Section 508, which was established as a 1998 amendment to the Rehabilitation Act, remains the primary portion of federal law outlining agencies’ responsibilities for digital accessibility. Critically, compliance with Section 508 remains a major challenge for federal agencies…

13. Six Flags faces federal lawsuit over disability policies- December 28, 2023 Source: Theme Park Insider

A California resident is suing Six Flags over its disability access policy. The plaintiff in the case, which has been filed in federal court, is seeking class action status for the case, which ultimately could affect how people with disabilities are accommodated not just at Six Flags but also at Universal and other theme parks that use the same system. The case, I.L. v. Six Flags Entertainment Corp. and Magic Mountain LLC [1:23-at-01058], was filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California…

14. Former NAACP Leader Removed From AMC Theater Over Seating Issue- December 29, 2023 Source: HuffPost

a.    AMC Apologizes After Removing Civil Rights Activist From Theater Over Accessibility Issue- December 28, 2023 Source: The Messenger & NPR

b.    Rev. William Barber calls for accessibility reforms after being removed from NC theater- December 29, 2023 Source: The News & Observer

A disabled civil rights leader was escorted out of an AMC theater in Greenville, North Carolina, by police over his disability accommodations earlier this week. On Tuesday, Rev. William J. Barber II, 60, and his 90-year-old mother went to see ‘The Color Purple.’ Barber brought his own chair to the theater because he has a rare form of arthritis known as ankylosing spondylitis, an inflammatory disease that makes it hard for him to sit in or rise from low chairs. Barber said he placed his chair in a section for guests with disabilities, but theater employees deemed it a “fire hazard,” he said during a press conference Friday…

15. New Jersey is stepping up efforts to expand outdoor recreation access and improve opportunities for those with disabilities- December 29, 2023 Source: WHYY

New Jersey is stepping up efforts to improve the lives of those with disabilities, including expanding outdoor recreation opportunities. According to Sarah Adelman, the commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Human Services, DHS launched the Inclusive Healthy Communities grant program in 2021 as a way to respond to a need seen in the community. “We wanted to make sure that we were focused on solutions that change planning and policy for individuals with disabilities, so there is more inclusion and equity,” she said…

16. BART Set to Enhance Accessibility in Bay Area Following Class Action- January 1, 2024 Source: Hoodline

The Bay Area's disabled community is poised for a transportation overhaul as BART gears up for major accessibility improvements following a recent class action settlement, according to information from Hoodline. BART's commitment includes revamping station elevators and escalators, ensuring fare gates remain operational for all users, and enhancing staff training on disability access. This lawsuit settlement could drastically alter commuting for those with mobility disabilities…

17. Denver's sign language interpreters go everywhere from the mayor's office to sports parades to ensure the city reaches all Denverites- January 1, 2024 Source: Denverite

Noah Blankenship never planned to become a sign language interpreter. Raised in Boston with an MBA from the Rochester Institute of Technology, he moved to Colorado about two years ago to live, in his words, a “ski bum life.” But a year ago, when he was ready for a desk job, he applied for a role with Denver’s Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services. “I’m really proud of my identity, and I feel strong pride with it, and so I thought, why not?” Blankenship said through an interpreter…

18. Online Dating Is Bad. This App, Designed For People With Disabilities, Makes It Less Bad- January 2, 2024 Source: HuffPost

After graduating college, Jacqueline Child — like so many other busy 20-something Americans trying to find a partner or a hookup — dived into the tumultuous world of dating apps. In 2019, a few weeks after she started actively trying to meet someone, she matched with a guy on Bumble. When they decided to meet in person, he suggested they go for a walk. Jacqueline responded by telling him that she was recovering from a surgery, so a picnic would be better…

19. Girl Scout project boosts Knoxville museum accessibility for people with visual impairments- January 3, 2024 Source: WATE

A girl scout in Knox County created a system that increases accessibility at the East Tennessee History Center for people with visual impairments. Mia Warren created the MIA project, or “Museums Increasing Accessibility.” The project consists of QR codes placed around the museum that can be scanned on a user’s phone. They will then be taken to an audio tour of the museum. The audio not only describes exhibits to the user, but also gives them directions to guide them physically around the museum…

20. Billy Blanks Jr. Creates Workouts for People with Disabilities- January 4, 2023 Source: People

Billy Blanks Jr. is continuing his family's fitness legacy — for a good cause. The 45-year-old son of iconic fitness personality and Tae Bo creator Billy Blanks, Billy Jr. spent years as a professional dancer, working with artists such as Paula Abdul, Celine Dion and Madonna. Now, he's stepping into a new, meaningful project. As the president of Kibu, he oversees the live and on-demand fitness platform that offers people with disabilities adaptive fitness classes including cardio, strength, yoga, dance and martial arts…

Jack Fact The World Health Organization  estimated that globally only 36% of people with a distance vision impairment due to refractive error and only 17% of people with vision impairment due to cataract have received access to an appropriate intervention.

Hit The Road Jack Ways to explore more with inclusive travel options for people with disability & Plus-size influencers on what would make travel more accessible for them

International News

1.    Martin Kemp refunds disabled ticket after fans' difficulty with seller- December 22, 2023 Source: BBC- UK

Spandau Ballet's Martin Kemp has paid for a refund for a couple unable to attend his concert after they were unable to resell their disabled access tickets via the seller AXS. Posting on X, a woman tweeted AXS saying: "You won't allow me to resell the accessible ticket. "My husband is critically ill in ICU. If we had 'normal' tickets, I could resell. Is this not discrimination?" In response Kemp said: "I will refund your tix personally"…

2.    Digital accessibility training camp for visually challenged court staff of southern states in Chennai- December 23, 2023 Source: The Hindu- India

The Supreme Court’s e-committee conducted a digital accessibility training camp for the visually challenged court staff from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Odisha. The camp was conducted at the Tamil Nadu State Judicial Academy (TNSJA) in Chennai from December 19 to 22. According to a press communique from R. Arulmozhiselvi, Member (Human Resources) of the e-committee, the two-day camp was conducted in two batches spanning over four days with the active assistance of the TNSJA Director C. Sanjai Baba and Madras High Court Registrar (IT) S. Ganapathisamy…

3.    Air Canada Fined $260,000 For Accessibility Lapses After a Disabled Passenger Was Forced to Drag Himself Off Plane- December 24, 2023 Source: PYOK- Canada

a.    Air Canada slapped with financial penalty for accessibility infractions- January 4, 2023 Source: Skies Magazine

Air Canada has been slapped with a series of fines for failing disabled passengers in 2023, racking up penalties worth a total of CA$260,000 over the last 12 months. The latest fine was imposed by the Canadian Transportation Agency earlier this week after the national flag carrier failed to provide a wheelchair for a passenger who suffers from spastic cerebral palsy. Officials fined Air Canada a total of $97,500 for the August 30 incident for several violations of the Accessible Transportation for Persons with Disabilities Regulations, which requires airlines to provide assistance services to disabled passengers…

4.    Mada Centre focuses on digital innovation to benefit persons with disabilities- December 24, 2023 Source: The Peninsula- Qatar

The role of digital innovation in supporting persons with disabilities (PWDs) is vital. Being at the forefront of e-accessibility initiatives in the country, Mada Centre has played a crucial role in actively supporting the implementation and advancement of the national policy. In its recent edition of Nafath magazine, the Mada Centre said that Qatar’s digital accessibility policy landscape reflects a commitment to fostering inclusivity and equal access to digital services for all citizens, including individuals with disabilities…

5.    Inclusivity should be designed into every aspect of society- December 25, 2023 Source: The National News- UAE

It is a fundamental principle in the UAE to ensure that every person in this rapidly growing country should be able to fully engage in society. At the heart of this principle lies accessibility. Public spaces should be designed to be open, inclusive and inviting to everyone, whether those are outdoor gardens, indoor shopping malls or cultural institutions. Universal design, according to the late product designer Ronald Mace, emphasises the creation of products, processes and complete environmental interventions that can be used by all…

6.    Ontario failed to see crisis, says accessibility reviewer- December 25, 2023 Source: Newmarket Today- Canada

Rich Donovan was tasked with writing the fourth review of the province's progress on implementing the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) by its 2025 deadline. It's going so well that he recommended the government declare a crisis. Instead, the government sat on his report for six months and released it quietly at the end of the legislative sitting. Donovan's report said the province will fail to meet the goal it set 20 years ago of making Ontario accessible for people with disabilities by 2025…

7.    Consult Jawan producers to see if the movie could be made disabled-friendly on OTT, says HC- December 26, 2023 Source: The Hindu- India

The High Court has asked the Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Ministry to consult the producers of ‘Jawan’ to see if the movie featuring Shah Rukh Khan could be uploaded on OTT platforms with accessibility features for individuals with disabilities. The court’s December 22 order came on a plea by a visually impaired person, Akshat Baldwa, seeking the incorporation of features, such as audio descriptions, subtitles, and closed captions, for the feature films ‘Jawan’ and ‘Hi Papa’ in theatres as well as on the OTT platforms…

8.    'My electric car dreams turned into a nightmare'- December 26, 2023 Source: BBC- Scotland

Shae Morgon, from Edinburgh, was "forced to compromise" as a disabled person after trying to do the right thing for the environment. Shae, 33, has a connective tissue disorder, which affects mobility. Initially, Shae chose a fully electric Nissan Leaf to reduce environmental impact. However, with a deteriorating condition, a larger electric wheelchair was needed. "We can't fit my main power chair into the car right now," said Shae, whose husband drives the car…

9.    Disabled people seek accessible Nagoya Castle to be enjoyed by all- December 28, 2023 Source: The Asahi Shimbun- Japan

After more than 400 years, the iconic Nagoya Castle is under siege, this time by those wanting to make it more accessible to wheelchair-users and those who are determined to keep it as original as possible. At a town hall meeting on the planned reconstruction of the castle here on June 3, a man scolded a wheelchair-user. “Don’t confuse equality with your selfishness,” the man said. "How dare you be so selfish.” The harsh remarks were hurled by a participant of the debate toward a 70-year-old man with a disability, who called for the installation of an elevator in the city’s iconic castle…

10. Abrolhos Islands upgrades make paradise more accessible for people living with disability- December 28, 2023 Source: ABC- Australia

Chris Kerr is no stranger to adventure but her dream of snorkelling at the Abrolhos Islands seemed out of reach, despite the archipelago being just 60 kilometres off the coast of her hometown in Western Australia.  However, some innovative disability aids recently made that dream possible, and she now hopes others with disabilities or mobility issues will be able to explore this remote paradise too. Reaching the archipelago off the coast of Geraldton can be difficult, with access mainly by private boat, light charter plane or licensed tour operator…

11. Goa's Smart City Initiative: Enhancing Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities- December 29, 2023 Source: Gomantak Times- India

Amid challenges faced by individuals with disabilities, the Office of the State Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities has launched an ambitious project to make several establishments, hotels and showrooms in Panjim accessible to persons with disabilities (PwDs). The project is being organised in association with Ramp My City and Enable India. The State Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities, Guruprasad Pawaskar, said that the  Corporation of the City of Panaji (CCP) has been collaborating with the Office of the State Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities to ensure appropriate access to footpaths that lead to various shops and establishments…

12. Visually-impaired passengers take part in London 'Try a train' trial- December 30, 2023 Source: Rail Advent Network- UK

Govia Thameslink Railway and the Thomas Pocklington Trust have taken an initiative which they hope will increase blind and partially sighted people's understanding of and confidence in travelling by train. A group of seven blind or partially sighted Sight Loss Council members took part in a ‘Try A Train' trial event held by the two organisations. The trial took place at three major London stations, selected because they are particularly busy, which can make them difficult to navigate…

13. Government releases draft guidelines to make railway user friendly for PwDs- December 31, 2023 Source: Daily Pioneer- India & Business Standard & Times of India & The News Now

a.    'CMBT Metro station does not meet the harmonised guidelines and standards for accessibility'- January 1, 2024 Source: DT Next- India

Even as central flagship Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan (Accessible India Campaign) launched in 2015 is yet to achieve its all targets in many sectors including railways, the Government has now released draft guidelines on accessibility of railway stations, facilities there and in trains for people with disabilities, highlighting the need for integrating technology-enabled features such as text-to-speech and user-friendly pictograms. The Department of the People with Disabilities (PwDs) has invited comments, objections and suggestions from the stakeholders and public by January 29 next year on the proposed guidelines to create a more user-friendly environment…

14. TfL ‘reviewing the recommendations’ set out by Government to enhance taxi and PHV accessibility options- December 31, 2023 Source: Taxi Point- UK

Transport for London (TfL) are ‘reviewing the recommendations’ set out by Government asking councils to enhance taxi and minicab accessibility options. Caroline Pidgeon, a London Assembly Member, raised a crucial question regarding the accessibility of taxis and private hire vehicles. The written question asked the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, how he would respond in the wake of the Government urging councils to enhance the accessibility of such vehicles…

15. Re-thinking code from the inside for more accessibility- January 1, 2024 Source: Mandurah Mail- Australia

The trek to tech central for an annual meet-up of coders isn't all hoodies, snacks and all-night gaming sessions. Blind software engineer Ed Summers recently shared the main stage with other accessibility experts at the annual GitHub Universe summit in San Francisco. "When you build, please build without barriers," he urged the elite audience. "You collectively create the technologies that are used by all of humanity and if you unknowingly introduce barriers into those technologies then those barriers will undoubtedly create disabilities for some people."…

16. An accessible Ontario by 2025? Here's where the province stands on its goal- January 2, 2023 Source: CBC- Canada & Toronto Star

b.    London may be Ontario's fastest growing city but it's running behind on accessibility- January 3, 2024 Source: CBC- Canada

On a spring day in 2005, Ontario's Legislative Assembly was filled with applause. In a rare moment of unanimity in politics, legislators celebrated their vote to make the province accessible to people with disabilities by 2025. The Accessibility for Ontarians With Disabilities Act (AODA) was created to help people with disabilities fully participate in society, bring them to the table in crafting regulations and build mechanisms to enforce standards. Advocates and experts hailed the legislation as groundbreaking and progressive…

17. Navigating 'urban accessibility' to a more inclusive future for Bangladesh- January 3, 2024 Source: The Business Standard- Bangladesh

As Bangladesh propels itself into an era of sustainable urban development, the imperative for universal accessibility has taken centre stage on the national agenda. Guided by Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 6 and 11, the country has made commendable strides in integrating accessibility measures, particularly those championed by the Ministry of Social Welfare and the Urban Development Directorate (UDD), Ministry of Housing and Public Works…

18. Lack of station accessibility revealed by new research- January 3, 2024 Source: The Renfrewshire Gazette- Scotland

Research has revealed that 70% of stations in Renfrewshire are still not fully accessible. The analysis by Scottish Labour, based on recent ScotRail station accessibility information, shows seven stations lack accessibility in some areas. The ScotRail information also shows that only three in the area are classed as Category A, meaning they have step-free access to all platforms/platform. These are Johnstone, Hawkhead and Paisley Gilmour Street. Speaking on a lack of accessibility at stations, the party’s MSP Katy Clark, who represents Renfrewshire as part of her West Scotland remit, said: “This is an issue I have raised with both governments previously…

19. Disability advocates call for government investment to improve Australian beach accessibility- January 4, 2024 Source: ABC- Australia

Sandy feet, splashing in the waves, fending off seagulls — visiting the beach is perhaps the most Australian day off there is. But this simple joy is not so simple for some. Victorian parents Colin and Charlene Elsum are among many Australians who live less than 50 kilometres from the beach. They have never had a family beach day, however, because their six-year-old daughter, Goldie, spends most of her time in a wheelchair. Goldie lives with a rare neurodevelopmental condition that causes epilepsy and daily seizures, making it challenging for the family to be out on the beach without accessible infrastructure…

Accessibility Blogs, Information, & Videos

Federally Speaking

Higher Education Blogs & Information

Legal Blogs & Information

Accessibility Training & Meetings

Accessibility Conferences

Date: January 9-12, 2024

Date: January 12-26, 2024

Date: January 25-27, 2024

Date: January 30-31, 2024

Date: February 20-22, 2024

Date: February 21-23, 2024

Date: February 26-March 12, 2024

Date: February 27-29, 2024

Date: February 27-29, 2024

Date: March 3-6, 2024

Date: March 6 – 8, 2024

Date: March 7, 2023

Date: March 15, 2024

Date: March 8-16, 2024

Date: March 18-24, 2024

Date: March 20-21, 2024

Date: March 20-21, 2024

March 21-22, 2024

Date: March 25-26, 2024

Date: March 27 and 28, 2024

Date: April 7-10, 2024

Date: April 8-9, 2024

Date: April 11-13 2024

Date: April 23-25, 2024

Date: April 28-30, 2024

Date: May 9-23, 2024

Date: May 13-14, 2024

Date: May 13-16, 2024

Date: May 14-16, 2024

Date: May 27-28, 2024

Date: July 3-8, 2024

Date: September 23-27, 2024

Accessibility Employment Resources

Accessibility Employment Opportunities

Accessibility Announcements & Products

Accessibility Forums, Tips, & Gaming

Accessibility Statements

G4S

Access

BigBlueButton

Arts Council England

Social Work England

Bloomberg Industry Group

The Dallas Morning News

Texas School for the Deaf

Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency

Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications

If you know of any others that would benefit from my newsletter please forward this email to them or have them subscribe at Accessibility in the News. If you have missed any of my Accessibility Statements or past issues of Accessibility in the News please see all of my archived issues since 2016.

Jack McElaney

VP of Sales & Marketing and Accessibility in the News Publisher

P: 512-794-8440

E: jmce...@microassist.com

Microassist | LinkedIn | Accessibility in the News

Follow Accessibility in the News on Social Media

Threads (Meta)

Threads logo

X (Formerly Twitter)

X logo

Masotodon

M for Mastodon logo

Unsubscribe

MicroAssist, Inc.; 8500 Shoal Creek Blvd, Suite 4-225, Austin, TX 78757-7591, Phone: (512) 794-8440 Fax: (512) 794-8742

http://www.microassist.com