Come Build a Company in a Weekend

Mike Brenner

Apr 6, 2011, 10:20:09 AM4/6/11
to TechinBaltimore
Hi Friends,

I wanted to take a moment and personally invite you to Baltimore's
first Startup Weekend happening Fri, Apr 15 – Sun, Apr 17th.

If you're not familiar, the concept of Startup Weekend is to build a
business in a weekend. 100+ designers, developers, business and
marketing people are going to meet on Friday and break into teams of 5
– 10 to see if they can build a product by Sunday. (We have over 80
attendees registered so far with exactly 2 weeks to go) We provide
them space, food, and coaches to help them along the way. On Sunday
night, the teams will present what they've worked on (hopefully a
launched website / product) to a large audience at the UMD BioPark and
a panel of 6 – 10 distinguished judges. The top 3 teams will take
home prizes and cash from our pool, expected to be around $10,000.

+ Want to Participate? +
Please make sure to get your ticket before we sell out. Each person
that has a ticket will be able to participate in the competition as
well as be served food and drinks throughout the weekend. We've got 7
catered meals (including vegan/vegetarian options). You can get your
tickets here » http://bit.ly/bsw-tickets

* Also, if you only want to come to the presentations on Sunday night,
you'll need to have a ticket for that, which you can buy on our
tickets page as well.

+ Want to Sponsor? +
This event can't be a success without the help from our sponsors. For
each sponsorship level, we're offering something in return. Please
take a look at our sponsorship levels and consider sponsoring this
awesome event » http://bit.ly/bsw-sponsor

+ Where and When (Map of Both Locations » http://bit.ly/bsw-map) +
Friday, Apr 15 from 6:30 PM – Midnight. ETC in Canton
Saturday, Apr 16th from 9 AM – Midnight. ETC in Canton
Sunday, Apr 17th from 9 AM – 8 PM. UMD BioPark

Learn more on our Website » http://baltimore.startupweekend.org
Follow us on Twitter » http://twitter.com/BaltSW
Join in the discussion with other attendees on Facebook » http://on.fb.me/h3ZsXz

If you have any questions, media inquirers, etc, please feel free to
get in touch with Mike Brenner directly.

Thanks and hope to see you there!