MAC google outlook sync

Sean

Jul 7, 2024, 10:24:32 PMJul 7
to Techies for schools
I have a new Macbook air M3 chip running Sonoma. I have tried to add a school gmail account to outlook 365. The google authentication page shows and after I clicl allow, outlook opens but only syncs the calendar and reminders. The google authentication page still looks like is is trying to give permission. Anyone else seen this?

d.keen...@gc.ac.nz

Jul 7, 2024, 11:15:43 PMJul 7
to Techies for schools
There have been changes to Outlook recently: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/outlook-blog/keeping-our-outlook-personal-email-users-safe-reinforcing-our/ba-p/4164184

Now, for clarification, is this the Outook application included with the M365 Application suite?  [The standalone Outlook Client, as opposed to the web version.]

Regards,

David Keenleyside, BSc CS & IS, CTech

ITP Associate

EFF Member

ICT Technician

Glenfield College

PO Box 40176 (Kaipatiki Rd)

Glenfield, Auckland City 0629

Ph:       +64 9 444 9066 ext 677

DDI: +64 9 441 9779

Email:    d.keen...@gc.ac.nz

https://itp.nz/CTech/NZ160799

https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-keenleyside-626871/

The Three O’s of Backup: Online, Offline, Off-site.

The Three RA’s of Cloud: Run Anywhere, Run Anytime, Run Agnostic.

Sean

Jul 8, 2024, 12:06:05 AMJul 8
to Techies for schools
Yes, part of the 365 suite installed locally.

Sean

Jul 8, 2024, 7:27:07 PMJul 8
to Techies for schools
I am using Oauth2 with the google account. I get to the Microsoft Apps and Services wants to access your google account page. I click accept. The account is added to outlook, but it looks like the Oauth is not completing and hangs. In the outlook account, Calendar and reminders are the only items showing.

d.keen...@gc.ac.nz

Jul 10, 2024, 11:14:53 PM (12 days ago) Jul 10
to Techies for schools
After giving this some thought, there is a problem that can happen with email clients and OAuth2 authentication on the Mac, and it depends on the default browser in use.
Check your default browser and change it to see if OAuth in Outlook works after setting it to Safari/Chrome/Firefox/etc.

Regards,

David Keenleyside, BSc CS & IS, CTech

ITP Associate

EFF Member

ICT Technician

Glenfield College

PO Box 40176 (Kaipatiki Rd)

Glenfield, Auckland City 0629

Ph:       +64 9 444 9066 ext 677

DDI: +64 9 441 9779

Email:    d.keen...@gc.ac.nz

https://itp.nz/CTech/NZ160799

https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-keenleyside-626871/

The Three O’s of Backup: Online, Offline, Off-site.

The Three RA’s of Cloud: Run Anywhere, Run Anytime, Run Agnostic.

Sean

Jul 11, 2024, 12:09:41 AM (12 days ago) Jul 11
to Techies for schools
Thanks David. I managed to get it going by changing the restrict mail client under Enable IMAP for users in the google admin console..  Glad to see that GWSMO is not being phased out for my administration users who are all windows.