Disable display rotation shortcut at chromeOS login screen?

Pete Mundy

Jun 12, 2024, 10:44:09 PMJun 12
to techies-for-schools@googlegroups.com schools
Dear list

Does anyone know of a chromeOS policy that can be leveraged to administratively restrict access to the display-rotation keyboard shortcut ctrl-shift-refresh that can be used at the login screen of chromeOS? Ie, preferably via the Chrome Management Console in a similar way as was made available for restricting the accessibility functions.

One of my schools has a 'little darling' leaving a long tail of rotated login screens :)

Pete

Alistair Baird

Jun 12, 2024, 11:28:50 PMJun 12
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Yep, in Google Device Manager->Settings->Device Settings->Accessibility control
image.png

Kind regards,
Alistair Baird
IT Manager

P  06 354 4198
stpeterspn.school.nz

  @stpeterspn

1 Holdsworth Avenue, Milson
Palmerston North, 4414

Pete Mundy

Jun 12, 2024, 11:50:49 PMJun 12
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

Cheers Alistair, but I don't think screen rotation is one of the accessibility shortcuts (it's a shortcut for sure, just not classified as an 'accessibility' one).

I've discovered the Chrome 'DisplayRotationDefault' policy, which can be used to restore the rotation at each reboot - but you still can't stop them from rotating it in the first place.

Oh well, first world problems I guess. It's not like I'm loosing half my storage space ;-) And at least we can tell teachers "just reboot it" to fix it I guess :)