Chrome again with frustrating issues on Mac

Vern Dempster

Jun 3, 2024, 8:38:29 PMJun 3
to Techies for schools
Hi all

The latest Chrome issue causing frustration for teachers is that Chrome stops accessing the internet. Safari is working fine. It is now stopping all websites accessing the internet
The only fix at this stage is fully quitting Chrome and it will work for a while.

If the teachers closes the window and starts with a new window it will not access the internet until they fully quit Chrome and start again where it will access the internet until it won't.

1. Clearing cache doesn't help
2. Happens on Ventura and Sonoma
3. Chrome is fully updated.
4. Is it just a Chrome on Mac issue or more widespread

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ngā mihi nui

Vern

d.keen...@gc.ac.nz

Jun 3, 2024, 8:42:49 PMJun 3
to Techies for schools
I am having many site problems with Chrome on this end, but I thought it was due to our main problem with the switching.
However, I shall now investigate more closely; perhaps lightning strikes twice in this case.

Regards,

David Keenleyside, BSc CS & IS, CTech

ITP Associate

EFF Member

ICT Technician

Glenfield College

PO Box 40176 (Kaipatiki Rd)

Glenfield, Auckland City 0629

Ph:       +64 9 444 9066 ext 677

DDI: +64 9 441 9779

Email:    d.keen...@gc.ac.nz

https://itp.nz/CTech/NZ160799

https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-keenleyside-626871/

The Three O’s of Backup: Online, Offline, Off-site.

The Three RA’s of Cloud: Run Anywhere, Run Anytime, Run Agnostic.

Andrew Godfrey

Jun 3, 2024, 10:02:13 PMJun 3
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
We haven't noticed any problems here and I'm sure our principal would have told us as he is a Macuser.

Andrew Godfrey | Network Manager

Craig Knights

Jun 4, 2024, 12:26:47 AMJun 4
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Saw that on an old ish MacBook last week.

I just updated everything, checked out all I could..

Seemed to stop doing it..

My own one at home been all good.

Weird.

Sue Way

Jun 4, 2024, 5:11:12 PMJun 4
to Techies for schools
Google seem to have a problem.

Key details
Last updated Jun 05, 2024, 07:36 am

Summary

Ongoing: issue with ChromeOS.

Date

Jun 04, 2024, 07:40 am NZST
 (2024-06-04T07:40:02+12:00)

Tracking ID

344639650

Status

Ongoing

Details

Affected services

ChromeOS

Next update by

Jun 05, 2024, 12:00 pm NZST

Sue Way

Steve Smith

Jun 4, 2024, 7:09:28 PMJun 4
to Techies for schools
Kia Ora All,
If you have a chrome Browser issue  can you please log a support request via your admin console so our team can check if it is localised or a wider problem with macs.

@ sue - it looks like that issue was ChromeOS and ephemeral mode login not the Browser but I will check out support logs

Nga Mihi
Steve

ve...@mahurangi.school.nz

Jun 6, 2024, 5:54:01 PMJun 6
to Techies for schools
Hi all

This issue has been resolved. Apparently when staff upgraded to the latest Chrome, an extension didnt like it. Unnecessary extension removed and all is well with Chrome for now:-)

Ngā mihi nui

Vern Dempster