Spotify Slow to load

Ben Durham

Jun 16, 2024, 10:20:31 PMJun 16
to Techies for schools
Hi all, We have had an issue for quite a while where spotify takes a very long time to load on iphones & windows machines only on a specific vlan (After a while it does load).

Steps we have taken so far
- Connected the device on a mobile hotspot (Works perfectly fine)
- Connected the device to a different VLAN (Works perfectly fine)
- Added the device IP to the firewall whitelist (Still has an issue)

Been on the phone with an N4L engineer for most of the day and he cannot seem to find the cause.

Has anyone had an issue like this before?

d.keen...@gc.ac.nz

Jun 16, 2024, 10:28:31 PMJun 16
to Techies for schools
I've seen it specifically, but there is a test you could run, and that is to do some traffic capture:

If you capture the traffic for that VLAN, to about 10000 packets, you should be able to see what type of traffic is on the VLAN, and if something is interfering.

Note:  It's a good method for checking for devices flooding a network, immense amounts of ARP traffic, network loops, packet loss etc.

I have also seen faulty network cables cause chaos; once you hit 10 to 20% on a gateway, everything will slow right down, with no immediately obvious cause until you start performing traffic tests.

Regards,

David Keenleyside, BSc CS & IS, CTech

ITP Associate

EFF Member

ICT Technician

Glenfield College

PO Box 40176 (Kaipatiki Rd)

Glenfield, Auckland City 0629

Ph:       +64 9 444 9066 ext 677

DDI: +64 9 441 9779

Email:    d.keen...@gc.ac.nz

https://itp.nz/CTech/NZ160799

https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-keenleyside-626871/

The Three O’s of Backup: Online, Offline, Off-site.

The Three RA’s of Cloud: Run Anywhere, Run Anytime, Run Agnostic.

d.keen...@gc.ac.nz

Jun 16, 2024, 10:29:13 PMJun 16
to Techies for schools
Sorry, that should have been I've not seen it specifically.