Moving on..

Alistair Baird

Jun 11, 2024, 9:58:04 PMJun 11
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
After 11 years at my desk, it is time for me to move on. Friday will
be my last day in the Education Sector, I am having a couple weeks
break, then moving onto the corporate sector.

Thanks to all the support. As a sole charge, it is invaluable to have
the support of your peers, and this forum has been a great aid. It
makes you feel like you're not alone, and the challenges we face are
often common.

Technology has advanced hugely in that time. When I started we just
started rolling out BYOD. Students today have never known life without
Wifi, and we are learning more and more; the challenges and impacts of
social media, and now AI, who knows how we will cope! But then my
Grandmother was 18 before she even had electricity!

Keep using the forum in that capacity, you are all a great bunch of
guys and gals.

--
Kind regards,
Alistair Baird

P 06 354 4198
stpeterspn.school.nz

@stpeterspn

1 Holdsworth Avenue, Milson
Palmerston North, 4414

Marlon Yu

Jun 11, 2024, 10:13:09 PMJun 11
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
All the best Alistair!

Marlon

Jun 12, 2024, 12:42:07 AMJun 12
to Techies for schools
Ohh no, there's more leaving :(

I moved the other way, but 20 years ago :O back then was computer labs with 10base2, soldered on terminating resistors, single device modem/dial-up internet and bulky CRT monitor & dot matrix printers with parallel switching boxes.
Can't forget Novell NetWare and Sun Microsystems & Solaris OS back then too!

All the best over in corporate land Alistair.

Matt

Paul Seiler

Jun 12, 2024, 3:04:57 AMJun 12
to Techies for schools
Alistair, thank you for being a part of this community for 10 years, two months and two days!

All the best.

Paul.

Clayton Hubbard

Jun 12, 2024, 4:36:39 PMJun 12
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
All the best Alistair in your new role and thanks for all the debates, discussions and engagements through the years.

Cheers,

Clayton Hubbard
Head of Architecture
Network for Learning

This email, including attachments, may contain information which is confidential or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and then delete this email from your system. Email communications are not secure and are not guaranteed by The Network for Learning to be free of unauthorised interference, error or virus. Anyone who communicates with us by email is taken to accept this risk. Anything in this email which does not relate to the official business of The Network for Learning is neither given nor endorsed by The Network for Learning.

Sean

Jun 12, 2024, 4:56:45 PMJun 12
to Techies for schools
All the best Alistair. Thanks for all your contributions.

Sam McNeill

Jun 12, 2024, 5:48:43 PMJun 12
to Techies for schools
All the best Alistair - I know we chatted a couple of weeks ago and you shared this news with me.

you've been a great contributor to this forum and I think these communities are just excellent for supporting those working in ICT roles in education.

Long may it continue!
Cheers
Sam