Another good FB ad

Dan Birdwhistell

May 22, 2013, 7:27:25 PM5/22/13
to tech_...@googlegroups.com
Just saw this one in the feed: http://i.imgur.com/LmYQg4X.png.  It looks like FB is opening up the feed more and more.  These ads to get very high engagement (avg of 5% click-through)

Note, if you ever see an ad that is using a bit.ly link, you can always see how many people are clicking on it by copying the URL and adding a + to it.

Example from this ad:  https://bitly.com/10736DC+

Rebecca Mitchell

May 22, 2013, 7:49:03 PM5/22/13
to Dan Birdwhistell, tech_...@googlegroups.com
FB did open up the feed in the last three weeks to dynamic creative, they are holding back volume carefully but it's increasing. They've told their partners like my husbands company that the plan is not to increase the number the user sees so much as replace the old ad methods that don't convert as well

Rebecca Coelius

Dan Birdwhistell

May 22, 2013, 8:01:27 PM5/22/13
to Rebecca Mitchell, tech_...@googlegroups.com
Yep, makes sense.  If anyone ever wants to know how to run ads like these in the feed, just give me (or Rebecca obviously) a holler.  My company is spending a fair amount on these given how well they work.

db