"Pending Changes"

Chris Watkins

Sep 16, 2010, 2:49:02 AM9/16/10
to Tech for Sustainability Wikis
Wikipedia:Pending changes

It's similar to FlaggedRevs, (which I knew about) but "considerably less restrictive" and has just undergone a 2 month trial on Wikipedia, with a mixed but (I think) mainly positive reception, and is still in use on some articles.

It does seem to require significant oversight by administrators, so I think we're not ready to use it much on Appropedia until we have a lot more admins working on the site at all hours. But it does add to our case that a wiki can be kept fact-checked.

And if we suddenly have pages that are subject to attack or misinformation, it would be great to have the tool already installed...

--
Chris Watkins

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.

blogs.appropedia.org
community.livejournal.com/appropedia
identi.ca/appropedia
twitter.com/appropedia