Tech internships

Chris Watkins

Apr 18, 2011, 1:46:37 PM4/18/11
to Tech for Sustainability Wikis
Appropedia still has up to 3 places available for our mid-year (ok, summer to most of you) tech internships - please pass this around.

http://www.appropedia.org/Appropedia:Tech_Interns,_Mid-2011

The program will include developing the MediaWiki site, but other areas of focus are also available. Areas include:
  • MediaWiki
    • settings
    • extensions
  • WordPress
    • optimizing the blog
    • setting up a test forum.
  • Bots (mostly in Python, but Ruby and other language bots exist)
    • anti-spam
    • categorization and wiki-linking. This is an easier and more repetitive task, but very valuable. We have the scripts set up already.
    • other repetitive edits
  • Skins (CSS) - for the wiki and the blog/forum site.

Thanks!
--
Chris Watkins

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.

blogs.appropedia.org
community.livejournal.com/appropedia
identi.ca/appropedia
twitter.com/appropedia