[TSW] Not propagating? Still can't save (session error)

Chris Watkins

Apr 17, 2010, 10:55:47 PM4/17/10
to Tech for Sustainability Wikis
I see from RecentChanges that people were making edits on Appropedia just a few minutes before I tried, but I still can't save.
  • I've logged out and in, still get the session error when trying to change pages.
  • I tried from another browser, editing as anon, and get asked to solve the CAPTCHA again and again. (Yes I'm doing the sums right!)
  • I changed my Time zone in Preferences yesterday, and again today, but it doesn't hold - I go back, and it's still showing the old time offset.
I asked someone in Boston to try - they couldn't save either. Maybe it's not propagating (or whatever the term is)?

--
Chris Watkins

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.

blogs.appropedia.org
community.livejournal.com/appropedia
identi.ca/appropedia
twitter.com/appropedia

--
All posts to this list are licensed under CC-BY-SA and GFDL (take your pick if you reuse the content).

Groups "Tech for sustainability wikis" group.
To manage your subsciption, visit
http://groups.google.com/group/tech-for-sustainability-wikis?hl=en

Will Dickinson

Apr 18, 2010, 8:46:34 AM4/18/10
to tech-for-susta...@googlegroups.com
Right, I'm still having the some troubles with trying to login. W

Jason Smithson

Apr 18, 2010, 11:10:57 AM4/18/10
to tech-for-susta...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking into this again now and will advise. May add to Open Pario for easier tracking.

- J.
_______________________

Jason Michael Smithson
http://breakset.com/
812.399.0909

Jason Smithson

Apr 18, 2010, 1:02:09 PM4/18/10
to tech-for-susta...@googlegroups.com
The main site now appears to be completely offline. The server responds to pings but not to attempts to SSH in or view the site.

There was some indication there may have been an attack in progress, perhaps DreamHost shut the site down.

I'll try and contact Lonny. The development site does appear to be responding so I'll keep reviewing it.

I did set up a task at http://openpario.mime.oregonstate.edu/issues/1120 to try tracking this issue with Open Pario.

- J.
_______________________

Jason Michael Smithson
http://breakset.com/
812.399.0909

Jason Smithson

Apr 18, 2010, 5:04:40 PM4/18/10
to tech-for-susta...@googlegroups.com
Issue seems to have resolved itself. Continuing to investigate and test.

Please check Open Pario for further updates.

- J.

Jason Michael Smithson
http://breakset.com/
812.399.0909